Banshee is an Enemy in Dark Souls.
There's only two banshees, they have glowing red eyes, and will scream when you get close. They are holding a newborn baby against their chest. The shrieking banshee can also throw lightning at you.
- Shoots lightning, with a serious stagger/knockback effect. Can do this multiple times in a row.
- Close ranged Grab, then stabs you in the gut. If her attacks are being blocked for too long, she will pass through player's shield, regardless of blocking, and use this ability on him.
New Londo' Ghosts and Banshees cannot normally be blocked or harmed by the player; however, there are three ways to enable combat:
- Become cursed: A distinct disadvantage, leaving you at half your normal hp, but you will not need to renew it throughout the segment.
- Use a Transient Curse item: The female undead merchant in the aqueduct will sell you up to six for 4,000 souls a piece. There are a couple placed drops in the New Londo Ruins area itself, and the ghosts there may also drop two Transient Curses at a time. Transient Curses will last for 5 minutes, but can leave you very surprised when they run out, suddenly leaving you unable to block and hit.
- Use only the cursed weapons: Ghost Blade, Jagged Ghost Blade or Greatsword of Artorias (cursed). Note that the ghosts attacks also goes straight through normal shields and armor when you are uncursed, so you might as well fight naked. High poise is also useless, since they'll stagger you no matter the amount of poise. The Ring of Steel Protection will lessen the damage taken (same with high humanity), and you are also able to block with your cursed weapon when it's 2-handed. Do not engage multiple ghosts uncursed!
|New Londo Ruins||?||400||Yes|