Blacksmith Vamos is a Character in Dark Souls. He is found in The Catacombs, working as a blacksmith and serving player with various upgrades and ammunition. Despite the somewhat violent introduction and the suspicious appearance, Vamos will not harm you unless attacked first.
- He can ascend fire weapons to +5 by default.
- Giving him the Large Flame Ember will enable him to ascend fire weapons to +10.
- Giving him the Chaos Flame Ember will allow him to ascend +5 fire weapons to chaos weapons.
- See the Upgrades page for more information regarding weapon upgrades.
- This Blacksmith is accessed through The Catacombs. After the first bonfire, continue along the level until you come to a spiral staircase that breaks off. Carefully walk (NOT roll) off of the bottom of the stairs, staying against the outer wall - there is a platform directly below. From there, you should see another platform (with a lootable corpse) ahead and below; then you can safely drop to the bottom. Step into the hole there and you'll be greeted by a cut-scene of Vamos approaching you and smashing out a wall, suggesting it would be best if you left else you might cause him to lose his focus. (The cutscene will save your character from an otherwise lethal fall should he or she be lucky enough to fall directly into the hole from higher up, but this is beyond risky.) Vamos will remain here unless killed. Be careful not to accidentally lead any of the wheel skeletons just outside into his nook - they'll kill him pretty fast, due to their attack style.
You must fall ahead of the stairs finishing above a black gulf. There is an edge where you can fall, then jump again on another one and finally jump in a hole where the blacksmith is. You will lose a lot of life; around 40% per jump if you don't miss any edges, so you should have at least 1-2 Flasks on you (considering there is annoying ennemies when you exit the room, more than 2 is recommended)
|Titanite Shard||Upgrades weapon to +5||800|
|Weapon Smithbox||Grants the Player the ability to upgrade weapons at the Bonfire||2000(?)|
|Armor Smithbox||Grants the Player the ability to upgrade armor at the Bonfire||2000(?)|
|Large Arrow||Higher Damage/Less Range||50|
|Fire Upgrades||Standard weapons +5 ascend to Fire Reinforcement.||200|
|Large Fire Upgrades||Requires Large Flame Ember: Fire weapons +5 ascend to +10.||200|
|Chaos Upgrades||Requires Chaos Flame Ember: Fire weapons +5 ascend to Chaos Reinforcement.||200|
Vamos can be tough to kill at low levels, but at higher levels he shouldn't put up much of a fight. He's fairly slow with mostly close quarter attacks, and his only weapon is a Pickaxe. Although he is a large special character, he can still be parried and backstabbed. His smithy is a bit cramped for fighting, so it can be beneficial to clear out the wheel skeleton pit first, and then fight him there.
Sometimes most of his attacks will not hit at all when in range, apart from the spinning attack (bug?).
His attacks are as follows:
- Pickaxe swing.
- Overhead chop.
- Jumping ranged chop.
- Spinning double attack.
| Alvina of the Darkroot Wood | | Anastacia of Astora | | Big Hat Logan | | Blacksmith Andre | | Blacksmith Rickert of Vinheim | | Crestfallen Merchant | | Crestfallen Warrior | | Crossbreed Priscilla | | Darkmoon Knightess | | Darkstalker Kaathe | | Daughter of Chaos | | Domhnall of Zena | | Dusk of Oolacile | | Eingyi | | Elizabeth | | Giant Blacksmith | | Griggs of Vinheim | | Hawkeye Gough | | Ingward | | Kingseeker Frampt | | Knight Lautrec | | Laurentius of the Great Swamp | | Lord's Blade Ciaran | | Marvelous Chester | | Nico of Thorolund | | Oswald of Carim | | Patches the Hyena | | Petrus of Thorolund | | Quelana of Izalith | | Reah of Thorolund | | Shiva of the East | | Sieglinde of Catarina | | Siegmeyer of Catarina | | Snuggly | | Solaire of Astora | | Undead Merchant | | Vince of Thorolund |