|Location||Painted World of Ariamis|
|Health *||NG: 2,300|
|Souls *||NG: 30,000|
|* Recorded in PATCH 1.05|
Crossbreed Priscilla is a Boss in Dark Souls.
Crossbreed Priscilla Information
Half dragon boss found in Painted World of Ariamis. An optional boss, she wields a giant scythe and has the ability to turn invisible. If you do not wish to fight her, simply run past her and proceed towards the open ledge behind her to trigger a cutscene and your return to Anor Londo (speaking with her doesn't make her aggressive).
Priscilla is the only dragon crossbreed in Lordran and most likely in the game world.
She is white as snow and has scales, though only on her brow and neck, hinting that her father is actually the albino Seath the Scaleless. Her mother is unconfirmed and there are few hints as to her identity. One theory is that her mother was the non-illusory goddess Gwynevere. Ariamis' painting is also housed in Gwynevere's cathedral, and has been kept safe by dozens of painting guardians for generations. Another theory is that, due to the large number of items and miracles related to Velka that are located in the Painted World, the Goddess Velka could be Priscilla's mother. The rotating statue that opens the way to Priscilla is also of a mother and child, but the mother does not resemble Gwynevere.
Casts a blizzard attack in the beginning that turns her completely invisible.
- Scythe swing:
Swings her scythe and sometimes a follow-up swing or two, which have decent range and can cause heavy bleeding.
Blows a blizzard type attack, medium range, and is easily dodged by running to the side. Causes Bleed built up.
Priscilla turns invisible if you elect to fight her, therefore the main way to find her when she is invisible is to keep your shield up or keep moving and watch the snow for her footprints. When you approach her you will see her footprints get closer together, meaning that she is getting ready to swing her scythe. To counter this, roll directly at her and run to her right if you run into her. Run behind where the footprints are facing and she will miss you, giving you a chance to get an attack in. To judge where to swing watch for the footprints that form from her stepping forward during her attack. Rinse and repeat until she becomes visible again. Do not spam attacks when you locate her, strike her once or twice and then roll away and block. This should minimize the number of times you are struck by her scythe, and particularly avoid receiving a dangerous bleed effect as a result of repeated hits from her scythe.
If you manage to cause her to become visible, she'll start using her blizzard attack. This is easily avoided by running to the side, or staying behind her. Keep your distance to avoid being hit by the scythe, or use Bloodshield or the Bloodbite Ring to reduce the bleed build-up from her attacks. If you manage to chop off her tail, you get the special weapon Priscilla's Dagger. As discussed below, it is usually easiest to cut off her tail by letting summons attack her tail before you start the fight.
- Wait until Priscilla goes to the center (no footprints, shooting an arrow to the center of the room).
- Shooting her with arrows will make her visible.
- If you do enough poise damage to stagger her, she will come visible. Some ways of doing that:
- Using a greatbow, even if you don't have the stats for it.
- Using throwing knives (Comment: I found that really difficult). You can farm them from the guardians before the painting.
- Using the whip (no upgrades). Use the R1 attack (the sweeping one) twice.
- Using Astora's Straight Sword to attack her (+5 if possible). Hit her twice.
- Using a pyromancy spell like Great Chaos Fireball. Just hurl it at her footprints once.
- These methods will do almost no damage yet still reveal her, making cutting off her tail an easy task.
- A slightly more cumbersome method is to use attacks that leave a mark, which can be used to track her invisible form. Vow of Silence, Tranquil Walk of Peace, arrows, poisons etc will work.
- Don't rush it. She doesn't have much health.
- You can skip her and go back to Anor Londo by just going to the ledge past her (This only works if you did not attack her. While fighting her, that drop kills you)
- If you are using the Dragon King Greataxe two handed with a heavy attack it will do a magic attack that will force her out of invisibility. After that attack her with whatever weapon you want and dodge her attacks.
- When she turns invisible, since she has a relative low amount of HP, use a weak weapon (un-upgraded Scimitar works great but Broken Straight Sword doesn't) until she returns.
- If she is getting low on health and has not yet dropped the dagger, then quit/reload to respawn in front of the boss-fog.
- Cutting off her tail will automatically award the dagger without needing to pick it up.
- Using a weapon that slashes vertically (the two-handed light attack with a longsword works well) is a huge help. Do not lock on her, and slash vertically aiming perpendicular to her body (i.e. if you don't hit the tail you won't accidentally hit her body.)
- During the fight, after she is visible, it is generally easier to un-target her when she attacks, especially the breath attack, to quickly run to the exposed tail and land some swings on it.
- A sorcerer can equip Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring and Crown of Dusk to one shot her tail with Soul Spear. The key is NOT to select her. When having no target, magic spells fall downward. Positional yourself next to her Tail and let the Soul Spear fall down onto her tail. Easy tail cut before the battle even begins.
- A player with Chaos Storm could potentialy stun lock Priscilla for a few easy swings at her tail as it stays nearly still at this moment when hit more then once of this spell, It's also a great way of forceing her to become visible if she is hit more then ones. Beware though that this could get you killed if done at the wrong time or if you got low armor. It's adviced you use a heavy armor atleast when doing this if possible
- Priscilla was intended to serve as the role of female companion NPC according to Dark Souls Design Works interview, but it was lately scrapped.
- Also believed to be modeled after Rurufon from Shadow Tower Abyss, an early title of From Software.
| Ingward | | Anastacia of Astora | | Crestfallen Merchant | | Giant Blacksmith | | Elizabeth | | Petrus of Thorolund | | Solaire of Astora | | Nico of Thorolund | | Darkstalker Kaathe | | Blacksmith Andre | | Daughter of Chaos | | Lord's Blade Ciaran | | Laurentius of the Great Swamp | | Siegmeyer of Catarina | | Knight Lautrec | | Kingseeker Frampt | | Reah of Thorolund | | Big Hat Logan | | Darkmoon Knightess | | Hawkeye Gough | | Marvelous Chester | | Patches the Hyena | | Undead Merchant | | Griggs of Vinheim | | Alvina of the Darkroot Wood | | Snuggly | | Blacksmith Vamos | | Shiva of the East | | Crestfallen Warrior | | Vince of Thorolund | | Dusk of Oolacile | | Sieglinde of Catarina | | Blacksmith Rickert of Vinheim | | Oswald of Carim | | Eingyi | | Quelana of Izalith | | Domhnall of Zena |