Dark Ember is an Ember in Dark Souls.
Dark Ember Location
- Painted World of Ariamis. This Ember is found inside the Annex, for which you need the Annex Key to enter.
Dark Ember Usage
- Given to Blacksmith Andre to modify +5 Divine weapons into Occult weapons.
- Can be given to Andre at any time.
Note about occult
- It isn't the same thing as divine. Divine excels in fighting undead and things that have no soul anymore, like skeletons and such. Occult is a whole other type of reinforcement, it excels in fighting living things that have souls, like a lot of enemies in the game (especially Black Knights and Silver Knights, which take extra damage).
- Note that NO extra damage is done by occult to invaders, hosts or phantoms in PvP.