Dexterity is a Stat in Dark Souls
Dexterity controls the player's Attack Power for weapons that scale with Dexterity and increases casting speed for most spells.
- Some weapons require a minimum dexterity level to be wielded properly.
- If you do not meet the minimum dexterity required, you will stagger after every hit on an opponent.
- The speed of spell casting increases with dexterity, max speed at 45 dex.
- Casting speed is only affected by Dexterity in the range of 35-45. Anything below 35 and there will be no change in casting speed.
- Dexterity only affects casting speed of attack spells. Buffs and utility spells such as weapon buffs and Tranquil walk of Peace are not affected.
- Pyromancy: Increases attack pyromancy between 20-27%
- Sorcery and Miracles are increased by roughly 8-10%*
- Dexterity is especially useful for Daggers, Katanas, Thrusting/Piercing Swords, Curved Swords, Spears, Whips and Bows
*Even though the Miracle Wrath of the Gods is an attack spell the casting speed for this spell is not increased.