Giant Leech is an Enemy in Dark Souls.
Giant Leeches inhabit the Blighttown swamp, around the great hollow tree. and can be farmed for Large and Green Titanite Shards. You will recognize them by their way of movement. (inching like a worm)
- Jump: Plain and simple. The leech will jump at you. Easily blocked.
- Spit: Leech will spit poisonous mucus at you. Easily blocked, but drains stamina. The poison effect is minor, compared to the swamp.
- Body Slam: Like jump but when they are closer.
- One of the easiest enemies as long as you don't let them swarm you. Have your shield out, run and swing. Then block and as soon as they bounce (yes they bounce) off of your shield, smack them. By time you are in blighttown they should die in 2 hits. Equip the covetous gold serpent ring and count on farming these guys for a long time if you are low on shards.
- Avoid the poison spit they throw at you and don't let them tackle you. Just hit them a couple times with something and they will die. Groups are also susceptible to AoE attacks such as a lightning spear into the water.
- Poking with a Rapier or Spear from behind a raised Shield is a good strategy for handling multiple leeches.
- Very weak against slash attacks and fire.