Golden Crystal Golem is a Boss in Dark Souls.
Golden Crystal Golem Information
They are identical to the blue ones with the exception that they sometimes have NPCs stuck inside them and have greater health and defense values. These do not respawn.
These creatures are found at various locations throughout your gameplay:
- Darkroot Basin - After defeating the Hydra, move along the left hand side of the lake all the way to the back. There will be a golem standing there. Kill it to free Dusk of Oolacile (If going there directly after killing the Hydra, the game will have to be restarted to spawn the golem). HP: 816 / Souls: 1,500
- Crystal Cave - There are two standing on crystal beams en route to Seath the Scaleless. Both of these golden golems are optional, although killing the first one will provide an easier route to the boss as it does not respawn. HP: 1,360 / Souls: 2,135
- The Duke's Archives - After helping Siegmeyer of Catarina in Blighttown by giving him three pieces of purple moss, one will appear in the Duke's garden containing Sieglinde of Catarina. HP: 1,360 / Souls: 2,135
- Normal arm swing, may swing twice
- Its arm extends into a crystal like club for a swinging attack at short range.
- An AoE attack where it slams both arms on the ground. This will make crystals shoot from the ground around the golem.
- Jumping overhead attack at medium range. Steals a lot of stamina and possibly fatal.
- Long crystal arm spear (4 combo) does magic damage
Like normal Crystal Golems, Golden Crystal Golems are weak to strike type of damage. The golden variation boasts some of the highest magic defense in the game, so other damage types are recommended, especially lightning.
For Darkroot Basin it helps to have the Rusted Iron Ring. If you are a magic user you can work the left-hand side edges to run away and start attacking again once it moves back to its initial location. Rinse and repeat.
Try to lure the ones in the Crystal Caves to larger patches of ground since their attacks have a great amount of knockback and may blow you off the ledge, even when blocked. These two golems can also be lured to falling to their deaths with no repercussions.