Lord's Blade Ciaran
Lord's Blade Ciaran, most commonly known as Ciaran, is one of the four knights of Gwyn Lord of Cinder. She represents the classic thief-like character. She uses Hornet's Ring and the Lord's Blade Set as well as the gold and silver tracers if she has not already given them to you. Given this character she uses flurries of weak but fast attacks and dodges attacks.
She appears next to a tiny grave in the place where you fight Artorias, after you defeated him (may require to reload or warp to a new area before triggering her spawn). She asks for the Soul of Artorias, if you give it to her, she will gift to you the Dark Silver Tracer and the Gold Tracer, claiming that she won't need them anymore. If you refuse, she will not turn hostile, and will disappear forever after you reload/go to another area. If you attack her, she will fight you, and she will use Lloyd's Talismans. If you choose to give the Soul of Artorias to her, next time you reload/warp to a new area she will be gone, with no way to find her again, so it's recommended that you kill her immediately if you want to get the items, and you can keep Artorias' Soul. There are no benefits known so far from giving her Artorias' Soul, (she gives you her blades silver tracer and gold tracer) If you choose to fight Ciaran it is recommended to use a shield and spear to avoid letting your guard down.
- 10,000 Souls
- Dark Silver Tracer & Gold Tracer (only if she didn't trade them for Soul of Artorias with you)
- Lord's Blade Set
- Killing her in the past (Oolacile), causes a Lloyd's Talisman to appear in front of Artorias' Grave in the area you fight Sif in Lordran (the present).
- Anyhow, handing over Artorias Soul to her and NOT killing her won't trigger any other events in the present (Asmodan)
- Consumming Artorias Soul before re-entering the arena will not make her appear.
- Her ring, Hornet Ring, can be found behind the gravestone of Artorias. you pick it up from a corpse that looks female, so it is possible that that is her body. When you meet her, she really wants to pay her respect to Artorias, so it is possible she died praying for him. Alternatively if you killed her that would also explain the location of her corpse.
- Contrary to appearances she is not human as confirmed when she talks about human nature when you fight her, as well as her dialog if approached with the Artorias Soul in storage instead of being on hand.
- When Ciaran dies, if you listen closely, a line is said without subtitles, which is 'My...dear....Artorias....', which suggests that she and Artorias had a romantic relationship of sorts.
| Alvina of the Darkroot Wood | | Anastacia of Astora | | Big Hat Logan | | Blacksmith Andre | | Blacksmith Rickert of Vinheim | | Blacksmith Vamos | | Crestfallen Merchant | | Crestfallen Warrior | | Crossbreed Priscilla | | Darkmoon Knightess | | Darkstalker Kaathe | | Daughter of Chaos | | Domhnall of Zena | | Dusk of Oolacile | | Eingyi | | Elizabeth | | Giant Blacksmith | | Griggs of Vinheim | | Hawkeye Gough | | Ingward | | Kingseeker Frampt | | Knight Lautrec | | Laurentius of the Great Swamp | | Marvelous Chester | | Nico of Thorolund | | Oswald of Carim | | Patches the Hyena | | Petrus of Thorolund | | Quelana of Izalith | | Reah of Thorolund | | Shiva of the East | | Sieglinde of Catarina | | Siegmeyer of Catarina | | Snuggly | | Solaire of Astora | | Undead Merchant | | Vince of Thorolund |