Oswald of Carim
Oswald of Carim is a Character in Dark Souls. He is a grim character who deals in sinners and sin. He will appear at the base of the bell-tower, in Undead Parish, after the Gargoyles are defeated and the bell is rung. He also sells Purging Stones, for half the price of what the female Undead Merchant asks, which are used to cure the player's Curse status. He will also teach the "Well! What is it!" gesture, free of charge.
- At the lower level of Undead Parish's church bell tower.
- Request Absolution costs (500 x current level) total souls. The price paid is for absolution, and not for each sin, so several sins will cost the same as just one.
- When absolving one's sin, it is possible to undo unintended actions, this applies to breaking some of the covenant pledges and attacking NPCs. Aggravated NPCs will go back to their normal selves, and you can for example rejoin the Forest Hunters. So if a player accidentally hits a key NPC, the act can be reverted for a substantial fee. Note that killed NPCs will stay dead.
- After committing a sin, the player's name will be added to the Book of the Guilty, which is a hit-list for the Blades of the Darkmoon Covenant. Request Absolution will remove the player's sin, and thus their name from the book, unless the sin is from a player indictment. Sin obtained from player indictments can not be removed through Absolution.
- Known sins are:
- Some NPCs can be killed sin-free:
All hollowed NPCs.
- Safely abandons the player's current covenant free of cost and without committing a sin.
- However, as with abandoning your covenant otherwise, your contributions to the covenant will be halved (confirmed)
|Purging Stone (only 5)||Reduces curse build-up and breaks curse||4,000 Souls|
|Indictment||Adds players/invaders to the Book of the Guilty||200 Souls|
|Book of the Guilty||Holds list of sinners (scoreboard)||1,000 Souls|
|Karmic Justice||40,000 Souls|
|Velka's Talisman||5,000 Souls|
|Bloodbite Ring||Boosts bleeding resistance||10,000 Souls|
|Poisonbite Ring||Boosts poison resistance||15,000 Souls|
|Ring of Sacrifice (only 10)||Lose nothing upon death, but the ring breaks||5,000 Souls|
- Armor: Black Cleric Robes
- Left Hand: Parrying Dagger
- Right Hand: Velka's Rapier and Velka's Talisman
- Rings: none
- Spells: Vow of Silence, Karmic Justice and Great Heal
- Special: none
| Alvina of the Darkroot Wood | | Anastacia of Astora | | Big Hat Logan | | Blacksmith Andre | | Blacksmith Rickert of Vinheim | | Blacksmith Vamos | | Crestfallen Merchant | | Crestfallen Warrior | | Crossbreed Priscilla | | Darkmoon Knightess | | Darkstalker Kaathe | | Daughter of Chaos | | Domhnall of Zena | | Dusk of Oolacile | | Eingyi | | Elizabeth | | Giant Blacksmith | | Griggs of Vinheim | | Hawkeye Gough | | Ingward | | Kingseeker Frampt | | Knight Lautrec | | Laurentius of the Great Swamp | | Lord's Blade Ciaran | | Marvelous Chester | | Nico of Thorolund | | Patches the Hyena | | Petrus of Thorolund | | Quelana of Izalith | | Reah of Thorolund | | Shiva of the East | | Sieglinde of Catarina | | Siegmeyer of Catarina | | Snuggly | | Solaire of Astora | | Undead Merchant | | Vince of Thorolund |