Patches and Patch Notes for Dark Souls are listed below.
Version 1.07 - 5th December 2012
- Fixes the flickering and missing graphical effects that appeared shortly after the release of the DLC, which only occurred in the Additional Content areas
Version 1.06 - 22nd October 2012
- Eagle Shield - physical damage reduction to 95%
- Elemental weapons have lower AR
- Greatswords and Curved Greatswords attack slower
- Blocking drains more stamina
- Less stability increase in greatshields when upgrading
- Quelaag's Furysword - decreased fire damage
- Strength weapons receive some hyper armor. - Only Abyss Greatsword confirmed. [need more info]
- Some shield types have deflection when used in PvP [need more info]
- Stamina consumption increased for spear/rapier attacks from behind a shield.
- Black Knight Greataxe has reduced damage [needs confirmation]
- Lightning and Fire reinforced weapons are nerfed.
- Dark Wood Grain Ring - flip now applies when equip load is at or below 25%
- Hornet Ring - nerfed to 30% critical bonus
- Elite Knight set - total poise increased to 46
- Mask of the Father - nerfed to 5% equip load increase
- Mask of the Mother - nerfed to 10% HP increase
- Mask of the Child - decreased stamina regeneration [need more info]
- Gargoyle Helm - increased drop-rate from Bell Gargoyle
- HCSM/HSM now do less damage [needs confirmation]
- Chaos Pyromancies buffed, humanity damage bonus is increased [needs confirmation]
- Power Within's health drain is no longer affected by the level of your Pyromancy glove.
- Critical hits do less damage. This includes riposte and backstabs.
- Medium roll is faster/all rolls have been buffed [need more info]
- Gravelords receive humanity when an infected player dies to a BP mob [needs confirmation]
- New warpable bonfires in: Undead Parish (above Andre), The Depths, Painted World of Ariamis (note that you cannot warp from this bonfire), Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave [additional warps to new areas also]
- Crystal Golem AoE attack inflicts Curse status. [this is also present in the older versions, but the duration of the effect is so short that it's easily missed]
- Reah of Thorolund no longer can be drained 12 humanity (with Dark Hand), she now has 0.
- Making a full turn – while standing still and wielding a Rapier/Spear – with your shield up results in the player being unable to move for a brief amount of time.
- Bottomless Box glitch removed
- Dragon Headstone glitch removed
- Spell switch glitch removed
- Prism Stone item duplication glitch removed
- Bow backstab removed
- Dropping of undroppable items (Estus flask, Dark sign ect.) can no longer be dropped.
- Dark Anor Londo NPCs no longer respawn
- Environmental lava damage increase
- Increased souls gained for killing certain enemies [need more info]
- In-game description of the Pendant fixed: "A simple pendant with no effect." "Even so, pleasant memories are crucial to survival on arduous journeys."
- Oswald of Carim now sells Homeward Bones to the player.
Patch 1.04/1.05 Changes:
- Pyro Glove nerfed from 270 to 230.
- You can see resonance signs now.
- Vow of Silence range increased.
- Sorcery spell damage as a whole was slightly buffed, but Homing Soul Mass and other pursuit style spells were nerfed.
- Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds.
- Strong Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds. Invincibility removed. Effect on Stamina drastically reduced.
- Tranquil Walk of Peace and other Slow duration reduced to ~10 secs. Effect supposedly changed from 100% encumberance to 50%. Rolling possible if your equip burden is lowered. Slowness is similar to swamp effect.
- Iron Flesh effectiveness nerfed.
- Invisible Body duration remains unchanged.
- Base Equipment Burden increased (~6-10 points)
- Humanity Item drop rate increased from 10 to 210
- Medium roll recovery faster? (unclear and unconfirmed)
- Defensive bonuses gained via Humanity reduced. Other defensive bonuses remain unchanged.
- Item discovery gained via Humanity improved. Capped at 20.
Equipment General Changes:
- Reported some weapon scaling gets improved at higher normal upgrades (+15 uchi dex scaling goes to A)
- Some scaling reported as changing from A to S with higher upgrades
- Normal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +14).
- Crystal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +4).
- Lightning +4 nerfed by 2% (+5 remains unchanged).
- Raw scaling buffed by 10% (all levels).
- Magic stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9).
- Enchanted stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4).
- Divine stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9).
- Occult stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4).
- Fire +9 nerfed by 2%. (+5 remains unchanged)
- Dragon stat scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +5).
Specific Gear Changes:
- Grant scaling changed to Strength:B and Faith:A
- Gold-hemmed nerfed, still can't be upgraded.
- Dust skirt nerfed hard (streamlined to match the other pieces).
- Silver Knights, Sun, Hollow Soldier's Shield and other medium shield stability nerfed to ~70 at max upgrades to improve Great Shield viability.
- Crystal Ring Shield scaling drastically nerfed. Does around ~200 +-50
- Dragon Greatsword buffed from 360 to 390.
- Silver Knight's Sword lightning effect removed. Now enchantable.
- Elite Knight gear nerfed, then buffed slightly in 1.05
- Lock-on acquisition range increased.
- Lock-on changing/switching got easier (more responsive).
Ring of Fog users can now be locked on.
- Overall increase in souls gained (~2-2.5 times more)
- Damage reduced on some mobs?
- HP lowered on some mobs?
- Reduced acquisition range on normal enemies.
- Supposedly reduced poise on some enemies.
- Bosses drop Humanity and Homeward Bones
- Ghosts and Skeletons give souls now.
- Twinkling Titanite drop rate improved.
- Pyromancers in Catacombs drop Skull Lanterns.
- Darkwraiths in New Londo drop Dark Hand.
- You can see resonance signs.
- Some invasion restrictions possibly changed? Darkwraith upperlimit confirmed as unchanged.
- 1.05: Summon restrictions improved slightly again.
- Amount of souls the Master of the game gains changed.
- Cracked Eye Orbs no longer get consumed on failure. Confirmed
- You can hit Select to rate messages.
- 1.05: Fixed 1.04 bug where summon signs were invisible.
- Covenant Material drop rate improved.
- Lowered requirements for Sunbro covenenant (requirements moved from 50 to 25. 3/4 assists should do the trick)
- Official Guide nerfed.
- Forest Hunter NPC farming remains unchanged.
- Dark Anor Londo NPC farming remains unchanged.
- Kiln Skip Glitch still works in 1.05
Merchant stock updates:
- Male Undead Merchant: Also sells bottomless box
- Female Undead Merchant: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
- Andrei: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
- Domnhal of Xena: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Master Key (5000)
- Giant Blacksmith (Fapsmith): Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Titanite Shards, Large Tit Shards, Twinkling (8000 per, inf amount), Green Shards, Repair box, upgrade boxes
- Vamos: Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Tit, Large tit, Repair box / upgrade boxes
- Inglwood: Sells Transient Curses
- Fixed some freeze issues
- Lvl up screen displays souls needed properly now
- Dragon-head glitch, snuggly, and magic shield glitches fixed.
- Fixed a bug where your inputs come out 1 second later.
- Fixed a bug where the second solaire event wont progress.
- Fixed a bug where feeding frampt a titanite stone then going over 99 resulted in having zero.
- Fixed some specific map areas where you'd get stuck or be unable to progress.
- Changed some english subtitles on the overseas port.
Version 1.03 (PS3) - September 2011
- some NPCs disappear
- after applying version 1.02, the system hangs in the trophy screen during the installation of a set
- Merchant at the beginning of the Sewers now sells Curse removal Stones.
- fixes freezing Issue that occurs whenever players wants to invade/ or join other players online.
- fixes freezing Issue that occurs at title screen of the game, as long as the player is connected to the game's servers.