Prepare to Die Edition for Dark Souls. Catchall list/page for new content and changes in the PC version. Please use the more comprehensive Artorias of the Abyss (Expansion) page instead.
- Eagle Shield - physical damage reduction to 95%
- Elemental weapons have lower AR
- Greatswords and Curved Greatswords attack slower
- Blocking drains more stamina
- Less stability increase in greatshields when upgrading
- Quelaag's Furysword - decreased fire damage -Stats are still the same 90/255.
- Strength weapons receive some hyper armor. - Only Abyss Greatsword confirmed. [need more info]
- Some shield types have deflection when used in PvP [need more info]
- Stamina consumption increased for spear/rapier attacks from behind a shield.
- Black Knight Greataxe has reduced damage [needs confirmation]
- Dark Wood Grain Ring - flip now applies when equip load is at or below 25%
- Hornet Ring - nerfed to 30% critical bonus
- Symbol of Avarice - slower HP degeneration [needs confirmation] -Still depletes 5 hp per tick.
- Elite Knight set - total poise increased to 46
- Mask of the Father - nerfed to 5% equip load increase
- Mask of the Mother - nerfed to 10% HP increase
- Mask of the Child - decreased stamina regeneration [need more info]
- Gargoyle Helm - increased drop-rate from Bell Gargoyle
- HCSM/HSM now do less damage [needs confirmation]
- Chaos Pyromancies buffed, humanity damage bonus is increased [needs confirmation] -Still doesn't scale with humanity.
- Critical hits do less damage. This includes riposte and backstabs.
- Medium roll is faster/all rolls have been buffed [need more info]
- Gravelords receive humanity when an infected player dies to a BP mob [needs confirmation]
- Changes to poise [need info and confirmation] - No obvious changes to poise.
- New warpable bonfires in: Undead Parish (above Andre), The Depths, Painted World of Ariamis (note that you cannot warp from this bonfire), Tomb of the Giants, Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave [additional warps to new areas also]
- Crystal Golem AoE attack inflicts Curse status. [this is also present in the console versions, but the duration of the effect is so short that it's easily missed]
- Reah of Thorolund no longer can be drained 12 humanity (with Dark Hand), she now has 0 - Not true. She can still be drained for 12 humanity. (tested once she moved to the chapel)
- Bottomless Box glitch removed
- Dragon Headstone glitch removed
- Spell switch glitch removed
- Prism Stone item duplication glitch removed
- Bow backstab removed
- Dropping of undroppable items (Estus flask, Dark sign ect.) can no longer be dropped.
- Dark Anor Londo NPCs no longer respawn
- Environmental lava damage increase
- Increased souls gained for killing certain enemies [need more info]
- In-game description of the Pendant fixed: "A simple pendant with no effect." "Even so, pleasant memories are crucial to survival on arduous journeys."
- Elizabeth - Merchant
- Marvelous Chester - Merchant - Black Phantom
- Lord's Blade Ciaran - Appears at the Artorias battle site after beating him. Trade Soul of Artorias for Dark Silver Tracer and Gold Tracer. Drops: Lord's Blade armor set.
- Hawkeye Gough - Must use Crest Key to unlock tower, from which he will shoot down the Black Dragon with his bow, allowing the player to fight it.
- Sif jr - Phantom.
- Sanctuary Guardian
Drops: Guardian Soul, Guardian Tail (cut off tail)
- Artorias of the Abyss
Drops: Soul of Artorias, Armor set must be purchased from Domhnall of Zena.
- Manus, Father of the Abyss
Drops: Soul of Manus
- Black Dragon Kalameet (optional)
Drops: Calamity Ring, Obsidian Greatsword (cut off tail)
- Obsidian Greatsword - Obtained by cutting off the tail of Kalameet.
Greatsword, Attack Type: Regular
Two-handed R2 does a large AOE blast that inflicts DPS and uses 50 durability per use.
- Guardian Tail - Obtained by cutting off the tail of the Sanctuary Guardian.
Whip, Attack Type: Regular
- Dark Silver Tracer - Gift/Drop from Ciaran.
Dagger, Attack Type: slash/thrust
- Gold Tracer - Gift/Drop from Ciaran.
Curved Sword, Attack Type: slash
Cannot parry while in offhand but retains offensive moveset except for running attack.
- Four-pronged Plow - Rare drop from scarecrow gardeners in the Royal Wood.
Spear, Attack Type: Thrust
- Abyss Greatsword - Ascend +10 Greatsword with Soul of Artorias.
- Stone Greataxe - Rare drop from Stone Knights in the Royal Wood.
- Gough's Greatbow - Gift form Hawkeye Gough after slaying Kalameet.
- Gough's Great Arrow
Can only be used with a Greatbow.
- Cleansing Greatshield - Found after rescuing Sif in Chasm of the Abyss.
Greatshield, Attack Type: Thrust
- Manus Catalyst - Ascend any catalyst with the Soul of Manus.
Halves castings, high mag adjust (>logans, <cystal), heavy melee attack.
- Oolacile Catalyst - Dropped by Bloated Sorcerers.
- Guardian set - Found throughout the Royal Garden.
- Artorias' set - Sold by Domhnall of Zena after killing Artorias.
- Lord's Blade set - Dropped by Ciaran.
- Gough's Armor - Dropped by Hawkeye Gough.
- Chester's set - Dropped by Marvelous Chester.
- Bloated Head - Rare drop from bloated resident.
- Bloated Sorcerer Head - Rare drop from bloated sorcerer resident.
- Calamity Ring: Causes the wearer to take double the damage from everything.
- Broken Pendant: Key to enter DLC.
- Silver Pendant: Blocks dark magic for a brief moment.
- Crest Key: Key to access Hawkeye Gough.
- Elizabeth's Mushroom: Healing item. Regenerates HP for 30 seconds.
- Purple Coward's Crystal: Multiplayer. Exit battle of stoicism.
- Carvings:Spoken Gestures:
- Hello - I'm Sorry - Very Good! - Help Me! - Thank You.
- Guardian Soul: Use unknown/no use, Can be consumed for 12,000 souls.
- Soul of Artorias: Ascend a +10 Greatsword with the Soul of Artorias to create the Abyss Greatsword. Give soul to Ciaran to recieve the Dark Silver Tracer and Gold Tracer.
- Soul of Manus: Ascend a Catalyst with the Soul of Manus to create a Manus Catalyst. Trade soul with Snuggly for the Pursuers spell.
- Black Flame (pyromancy)
Slots: 1, Uses: 8, Magic Type: Pyromancy, ReqParam: None
- Dark Orb (sorcery)
Slots: 1, Uses: 12, Magic Type: Magic, ReqParam: 16 INT
- Dark Bead (sorcery)
Slots: 1, Uses: 6, Magic Type: Magic, ReqParam: 16 INT
- Dark Fog (sorcery)
Slots: 1, Uses: 2, Magic Type: Magic, ReqParam: 18 INT
- Pursuers (sorcery)
Slots: 2, Uses: 3, Magic Type: Magic, ReqParam: 32 INT
- Optional New Sif intro. It only happens if you rescued him in the Chasm of the Abyss before fighting him in Lordran.
- A few new dialogue lines from Dusk of Oolacile.
- Battle of Stoicism - New PvP mode, that consists of an arena. To join, the player must first beat the boss Artorias the Abysswalker.