Petrus of Thorolund is a Character in Dark Souls.
Petrus of Thorolund
Petrus is a blond Cleric who is waiting for Lady Reah of Thorolund and her two bodyguards at Firelink Shrine. He gives a Copper Coin to the player as a token of good will, offers to teach them minor miracles, sells some talismans and teaches the Shrug gesture. The player can also enter his covenant, the Way of White, by speaking to him. Joining is required to buy miracles early in the game if the player did not choose Knight or Cleric as a starting class.
After ringing the first bell of awakening and beating Capra Demon, he will be joined by his companions - Vince, Nico, and Reah of Thorolund - as they plan to set off on their secret mission into the Catacombs.
Note: if Petrus is killed before Vince, Nico, and Reah arrives; the latter three will all be hostile upon appearance.
Available upon arriving in Lordran. Encountered after heading up the stairs in Firelink Shrine towards the elevator leading to the church in Undead Parish.
- Talk to him a few times, and he gives you a Copper Coin as a token of good will.
- You can also enter his covenant, the Way of White, to be able to buy Miracles from him.
- You can pay him for information about their Undead Mission, it will cost you your current Soul Level x 100 souls.
- The sorcerer Griggs of Vinheim will give you this information for free.
After Reah and her companions arrive, they will all leave for the Catacombs after you visit a few areas, or a Quit/Reload. Visit another few more areas, or Quit/Reload again, and petrus will have returned. He is quite distraught, claiming to have lost his lady.
- He still teaches you miracles after he returns, but is much less talkative.
- Talk to Lautrec to learn what really happened, you must pay for this information which will cost you your current Soul Level x 100 souls.
- Talk to Petrus again and he will also tell you the truth, that the Lady is helplessly trapped in the Tomb of Giants, and that you can do as you please with her.
If you rescue Reah from the Tomb of Giants, she will settle down in the Undead Church, and the story will advance further.
- Talk to her in the church, and Petrus will confront you with your action of saving her, and tell you that she's "not worth her salt without her family name".
- If you let Petrus kill you after this, he might say "Too bad for you, I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing." upon your death.
- Ignore her, and she will be dead after you kill two or three more bosses.
- Talk to Petrus, and he will tell you that her death is terrifying news.
- If you choose to kill Petrus after Reah's death, he will drop the Ivory Talisman, one of Reah's belongings.
|Great Heal Excerpt||10,000|
- Using the Dark Hand's R2 move, you will steal 2-3 Humanity
- 1,000 Souls
- 2 Humanity
- Will also drop Ivory Talisman, but only after he has assassinated Reah.
- Armor: Elite Cleric Armor
- Left Hand: Knight Shield
- Right Hand: Morning Star and Thorolund Talisman
- Rings: none
- Spells: Great Heal Excerpt
- Special: none
| Alvina of the Darkroot Wood | | Anastacia of Astora | | Big Hat Logan | | Blacksmith Andre | | Blacksmith Rickert of Vinheim | | Blacksmith Vamos | | Crestfallen Merchant | | Crestfallen Warrior | | Crossbreed Priscilla | | Darkmoon Knightess | | Darkstalker Kaathe | | Daughter of Chaos | | Domhnall of Zena | | Dusk of Oolacile | | Eingyi | | Elizabeth | | Giant Blacksmith | | Griggs of Vinheim | | Hawkeye Gough | | Ingward | | Kingseeker Frampt | | Knight Lautrec | | Laurentius of the Great Swamp | | Lord's Blade Ciaran | | Marvelous Chester | | Nico of Thorolund | | Oswald of Carim | | Patches the Hyena | | Quelana of Izalith | | Reah of Thorolund | | Shiva of the East | | Sieglinde of Catarina | | Siegmeyer of Catarina | | Snuggly | | Solaire of Astora | | Undead Merchant | | Vince of Thorolund |