Pisaca is an Enemy in Dark Souls.
About the size of the player, these rather quick enemies consist of a snake's body with octopus tentacles for a head and they hide a spike under the tentacles for melee attacks. It's thought they are the result of Seath's research and failed attempts to give himself the scales of immortality that he was denied at birth. You'll find them once you get locked up in prison tower of The Duke's Archives, where they are all herded together in a cell at the base of the tower. They have quite poor eye-sight, as you can get relatively close with-out them going after you, and they seem to have a greater sense of hearing in that when the prison's alarm is going off they spring into action and can find you quite easily, indicating that they navigate off of sonar, or something similar. Two of them are much stronger than the rest and these ones drop Miracle: Soothing Sunlight and Miracle: Bountiful Sunlight once dead.
- 800 souls
- Miracle: Soothing Sunlight (one off drop from a specific Pisaca)
- Miracle: Bountiful Sunlight (one off drop from a specific Pisaca)
- Spike attack - can be blocked
- Grab Attack
- Blue Projectile Blast
- If taking them on with the prison alarm sounding, keep moving and don't let them surround you. Use AoE spells and pyromancy to damage them in groups. It's advised however to not fight them with the alarm sounding and to instead find a way to turn it off, which makes taking them on much easier. Please see The Duke's Archives walkthrough for details on how to turn off the prison alarm.
- With the alarm off they'll stay in the cell at the bottom of the tower, at which point you can very easily lure them out one at a time to be dealt with.
- They can be backstabbed.
- They are also weak to lightning.
|The Duke's Archives (Prison Tower)||?||800||Yes|
- The two Pisaca that have the Miracles are found at the back left of the chamber which holds the Pisaca. They are not hostile and will move away from the player when attacked. While idle they cry softly with a woman's voice.
- This as well as the description of the Archive Tower Giant Cell Key would indicate that Pisacas were once women, who were transformed into their current form, most likely from experimentation by Seath.