Silver Knight is an Enemy in Dark Souls.
Littered all over the Anor Londo Cathedral, Silver Knights are similar to the Black Knights but are easier to kill and respawn. When Gwyn left for what is now the Kiln of the First Flame, he had two groups of knights. These knights stayed in Anor Londo to defend the illusory goddess.
Silver Knights are not as strong as Black Knights and don't have as much health, either; they're just as aggressive and have all the same moves and hence they can easily kill you if you underestimate them. They will appear with the following weapons:
- Greatbow - These Knights generally prefer to hold their ground and snipe at the player with a Dragonslayer Greatbow and Dragonslayer Arrows, but once approached, they'll quickly switch to a sword and shield. You can usually dodge their arrows and close the gap easily to take the fight to them. If you walk towards them at an angle and keep moving, their arrows are slow enough that they'll never hit you. You may be able to land a hit or two before they take out their sword, but keep your shield up when nearing them just in case they change weapons before you reach them. Once their swords are out, they act pretty much exactly like the sword & shield variant, though they will take their bows out if you go too far and are in their line of sight. The only time these enemies are a nuisance is when you first encounter them in Anor Londo flanking a catwalk that leads to a back entrance to the Cathedral. There are a number of viable strategies for this area detailed in the Anor Londo walkthrough. Drops Dragonslayer Arrow.
- Sword & Shield - Sword & Shield Silver Knights are dealt with in a very similar way to your standard sword wielding Black Knight. Keep your shield ready while they approach and watch out for their charging over-arm swing and 3-hit combo as they can devastate your stamina and leave you open for attack. After these Knights miss a 3-hit combo, aim to position yourself directly behind their shield to register the backstab. Take advantage of the slow wind-down of most of their attacks to get some hits in and also be aware that most of their close-quarters sword slashes are quite easy to parry. After doing a shield bash, they will always do a short stab, so try to dodge the shield bashes instead of blocking them if you have low stamina. When they start their 3-hit combo, they are very easily countered upon the second and third hit. The combo will start with a wide slash from the left. If you watch carefully, you'll see them flip their sword around to do the second hit, that's your cue to use the counter. If you miss it, don't panic; their third hit is also easily countered. One or two counters should be enough to drop them. Drops Silver Knight Straight Sword and Silver Knight Shield.
- Spear & Shield - This variation of the Silver Knight can be tricky as they have a tendency to keep their shield up when not attacking and their attacks are either very wide slashes or quite damaging lunges and lunge combos. Be careful; they have an uncanny ability to hit the player with lunge animations that appear to miss entirely, even when the player is completely behind the speared Silver Knight. They also have a special lunge that starts with lifting their spear above their shield; this attack will reach you even if you have your shield up, so be sure to dodge it. The way to kill them is to avoid their attacks and strike when they miss. Another good strategy is to bait their 3-hit lunge combo, cycle behind them while they're doing it, and go for the backstab once you've successfully evaded the third hit. To register the backstab, your character should be lined up with the cape, not the shield like the sword variant. Another very easy way to kill them is to parry a specific attack; a very wide slash that they start by aligning their spear perpendicular to their shield. As with the other silver knights, one or two successful parries should be enough to drop them. Drops Silver Knight Spear and Silver Knight Shield.
- When you converse with Hawkeye Gough he will tell you that for for every single dragon that they kill, they lose sixty of their own men. A large number of these men were without doubt Silver Knights
- When the Witch of Izalith attempts to reproduce the First Flame using a soul (her own soul, which is why there is a Daughter of Chaos in front of the bossroom that seeks to prevent anyone from attempting to harm the Bed of Chaos), the Witch ends up creating the Bed of Chaos. The Bed of Chaos spawns hordes of demons upon Lordran. Gwyn seeks to retrieve her soul and uses his Silver Knights to do this, but to no avail. The Silver Knights are scorched black and become the Black Knights. Their weaponry changes as well to reflect the size of their opponents. (For some reason none of the four knights seem to have taken part in this, though according to my own theories Ornstein is the only knight still alive during this event).