Strength is a Stat in Dark Souls
Strength controls the player's Attack Power for weapons that scale with Strength. Strength does NOT affect your weapon swing speed as shown in this .
- Most weapons require a minimum strength level to be wielded properly.
- Two-handing the weapon will give a 50% strength bonus, affecting both the weapon requirements and damage modifier.
- If you do not meet the minimum strength required, the weapon damage is decreased and the moveset is altered to a single slow swing.
- Strength is the only stat that affects the moveset, but not meeting the Dexterity, Intelligence or Faith requirements of the weapon will make it rebound upon contact, and also decrease the damage.
- Strength is especially useful for Ultra Greatswords, Axes and Great Axes, Hammers and Great Hammers.