The Covenant of Solaire of Astora, who is believed by many to be the former God of War referred to in the description of the Sunlight Medals received for coop successes.
Effects of covenant
- Players will appear as a Golden Phantom when summoned from a White Sign Soapstone.
- Upon clearing a boss as a Golden Phantom, all members (summoning players and other phantoms) are awarded a Sunlight Medal. Even the NPC Solaire will award you a Medal.
- Players of this covenant are matched up much more easily with other players in the same covenant during online play.
- You can get the Sunlight Spear by praying to the altar and give Gwyn's soul (requires 50 Faith).
The main purpose of this covenant is co-op play. As a member of this covenant, instead of being a White Phantom, your character will be a Golden Phantom. You will also have a distinct, golden summoning sign. In addition, if you successfully help defeat a boss as a phantom, every member in that party will receive a Sunlight Medal. An advantage of the Warrior of Sunlight covenant is that every player in this covenant can find each others' soul signs more easily.
The only drawback from this covenant is that it doesn't make miracle resonance easier to happen, unlike the Way of White and d where you can get miracle resonances.
1. Meet the Faith Requirement : the base requirement is 25, decreased by 5 for each boss you helped to kill as a white phantom.
2. Find the Broken Altar to the right of the bonfire under The Hellkite Wyvern of the Undead Parish.
3. Pray to the altar. If you meet the requirements, you will have the option to enter the covenant. You will have an interaction window pop up - . If you get no window, you do not yet meet the requirements.
Once you have joined, by offering a certain amount of Sunlight Medals to the Altar located in the Undead Parish, you will be able to rank up.
||Miracle: Lightning Spear (20 faith req. to use)
||Miracle: Great Lightning Spear (30 faith req. to use); Ability to offer Soul of Gwyn, Lord of Cinder and receive Miracle: Sunlight Spear (50 faith req. to use)
- Leaving covenant removes the ability to use Miracle: Sunlight Spear. The two lesser spear miracles remain available for use.
- Killing Solaire is not a betrayal to the covenant
- It's possible to completely eliminate the faith requirement for joining this covenant. However, the miracles need a high faith requirement, so characters who aren't heavily invested in faith may still not be able to use the Miracles granted by this covenant - e.g. Lightning Spear requires 20 Faith, so a character with Faith lower than 20 won't be able to use Lightning Spear.
- You don't need to actually join this covenant to get the Praise the Sun gesture, you only need to talk with the altar that is in Undead Parish (behind the Hellkite Wyvern).
- A good place to co-op bosses in NG+ for Soul Levels around 140, is the open area in New Londo Ruins as soon as you get off the elevator from Firelink Shrine. Also the bonfire on the balcony in Duke's Archive is a great place to co-op against Seath for Soul Levels around 140.
- The 25 Faith requirement was 50 Faith, before patch 1.04.