Cast Light is a Sorcery in Dark Souls. To cast a sorcery, you must use a Catalyst or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
Ancient sorcery of the lost land of Oolacile. Cast a bright light upon surroundings. This light-producing sorcery is elementary but nonetheless demonstrates the achievements in mysticism of Oolacile. Such magic has not been developed even in Vinheim
- Duration: 5 minutes
- Cast light generates a bright light-orb, above your character's head, which illuminates the surroundings.
- You are only able to see your own light, meaning you cannot see the light of a co-op player, or vice versa.
- This spell is especially useful in the Tomb of Giants.
- Can be casted while any other buff is active, can even override itself.
- Will continue it's duration while resting at a bonfire, so if you cast it near a bonfire and rest/leave, you basically get an additional free cast.
- One of three light sources available. The other two being the Skull Lantern and the Sunlight Maggot.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
This should have been a miracle smh
What are all the things you are able to accomplish before you ring of the bells of awakening?
I started DSR recently as a sorcerer just for this.
Definitely one of the most practical spells in the game, but I have to ask: how and why does this require more intelligence than soul arrow? You mean to tell me that it takes someone smarter to be able to create a magic flashlight than it does to cast a magical arrow?
In another reality, Solaire finds Dusk of Oolacile and learns this spell before ending his journey in Izalith. He could have truly found his sun [T]/
Can also be acquired from Elizabeth the mushroom
The Ultimate Middle Finger to the Tomb of the Giants
Lets play White Souls!!!
Interesting tip: If you use the spell and then touch a bonfire, the bonfire will reset your number of spell uses available while still keeping the light cast above your head. I use this in Tomb of the Giants to basically give myself an extra cast. Also, equip the Lingering Draconcrest Ring to boost the spell's duration time from 5 minutes to 7.5 minutes.
the info is wrong (atleast for the dark souls remastered as for version 1.05 (and possibly 1.00) as it takes 16 not 14 intelligence
Thanks for the guide!