|Health *||NG: 3,432|
|Souls *||NG: 40,000|
|* Recorded in PATCH 1.05|
Centipede Demon is a Boss in Dark Souls.
Centipede Demon Information
The Centipede Demon is a large bug creature that dwells in lava deep in the Demon Ruins. Its arms and tail are separate living centipedes. The boss has a tendency to stand on the lava after walking through the fog gate and repeatedly use his reaching attack. For someone who is not in possession of the Orange Charred Ring or ranged attacks this can be extremely annoying.
- Right Swing: Centipede swings from the left side, capable of breaking your block if it hits directly. To avoid this just walk to the side with your shield up to lessen the blow.
- Tail Swing: Centipede spins and swings his tail at you, similar to the right swing, however this one follows more of a sweeping motion. Counter by rolling out of range or blocking if you are capable.
- Air Slam: Centipede jumps up and tries to slam down on you, just keep up your block and you'll be fine. Uses this attack when you are either under Centipede or very close to him.
- Grab: Centipede grabs you and inserts you into its toothy chest. You can escape with no damage done by tapping L1/R1 in order. Does moderate damage. To avoid, stay away from directly in front of him at close quarters.
- Lava Blast: Centipede rarely uses this attack but when it does, multiple balls of lava home in at you in rapid succession, and deals medium damage.
One method to make this fight easier is to cut off his tail from the beginning. If you can lure him to stand over you, you can hit him and be relatively safe, keeping up your block when he motions for an attack just in case.
1. Run over the lava, around the corner on the right. Hidden behind that corner is a large field where you can properly fight him.
2. Dodge his arm extension move once he gets close, and run up to him.
3. Cut off his tail, which is alive so make sure you kill it. The Centipede will become crazy after the tail cutting and will run through walls but you must stay behind his back feet. The tail will grow back so cut it off again.
4. The Centipede Demon will use AoE attack when its health is low so make sure to pay extra attention to his attacks when his health dips. Using a shield with decent stability will improve your survival odds.
- Cut off tail if possible for an easier fight.
- Stay beneath him as much as possible.
- You can summon Solaire to make this fight easier, his summon sign is in the center of a root on the left near the fog wall. However, Solaire has a tendency to walk into the lava and die depending on the Centipede Demon's position.
- You can also cut off his long right arm (the one he throws towards you) to get the Orange Charred Ring, which minimizes the Lava damage making the rest of the fight alot easier.
- He seems to be impervious to all fire damage.
- Sorcery damage is very effective against him. (Homing Soul Mass with 40 Int will reduce it's health greatly.)
- Use a shield with decent stability, like the Eagle Shield.
- Certain appendages, when severed, will become separate entities that will assist the Centipede Demon during the boss fight. The tail, when cut and killed, drops the Orange Charred Ring. The ring can be obtained even if the boss is not defeated.
If you're standing close to the wall near the entrance to the fight and it grabs you to perform its maul attack, he has a chance to jump through the ceiling and become stuck on the roof. If this occurs, walk towards to exit door and wait it out. He will eventually fall off into the game void and plummet to his death netting you the boss souls and Orange Charred Ring.
Similarly, under the same circumstances, when he grabs you, he will munch on you, then fall through the floor and die when he's done. If the grab kills you, you will get all the souls/items and you won't have to fight him again.
| Asylum Demon | | Bell Gargoyle | | Capra Demon | | Crossbreed Priscilla | | Dark Sun Gwyndolin | | Demon Firesage | | Four Kings | | Great Grey Wolf Sif | | Gwyn Lord of Cinder | | Iron Golem | | Moonlight Butterfly | | Nito | | Ornstein and Smough | | Pinwheel | | Seath the Scaleless | | Stray Demon | | Taurus Demon | | The Bed of Chaos |