Chaos Servant is a Covenant in Dark Souls. Led by the "Daughter of Chaos" Quelaan, it located behind a false wall on the first floor of the room behind the boss of Blighttown ( Quelaag). To enter the room and gain access to the bonfire and Spider Witch, you will need to tell Eingyi (the creature that blocks the entrance) that you are interested in joining (note that this does not count as committing to the covenant).
Note : Anwsering "No" to Eingyi impedes regular joining until he is either killed or the player requests absolution to Oswald of Carim in the Undead parish. Killing him is not a betrayal to the Chaos Servant covenant, but remember that he gives you a pyromancy flame and sells pyromancies (once you are egg-fected)
- Workaround: Eingyi can be made to ask the question again by simply quitting and reloading the save while standing in front of him.
You must have access to Queelag's Domain (lower Blighttown).
1. Reach Quelaag's Domain and locate the White Spider, who is behind a false wall below the lever to activate the underground bell (see Ancient Spider Witch)
3. Talk to her and select Enter Covenant
3. You will obtain the spell Great Chaos Fireball, and can buy spells from the Egg Burdened nearby.
Effects of covenant
- Upon joining the Chaos Servant Covenant, you will gain access to two powerful pyromancies, with the second granted at rank 2.
- If the player kills or harms the Daughter of Chaos, the Covenant will be considered broken.
- Shortcut to Lost Izalith at rank 2.
You do not have to be a member of the Chaos Servant Covenant for these next things.
- If you speak to Eingyi (the Undead with eggs on his back) while you have an egg on your head, he will allow you to purchase the spells Poison Mist and Toxic Mist, and also give you a free Egg Vermifuge to remove the egg from your head. These spells will remain available for purchase afterwards, regardless of whether or not you have an egg on your head.
- Eingyi also sells a Servant Roster, which will let you view all players who are members of the covenant and their contribution to the covenant (how much humanity they've given up kept as a score).
- Possible glitch : talking to him for the first time after defeating Ornstein and Smough may result in not being able to buy spells. Defeating an other boss fixes it.
|0||0||Upon joining, receive Great Chaos Fireball|
|2||30||Receive Chaos Storm and can open the shortcut to Lost Izalith.|
*Note: You can leave the covenant after opening the shortcut to Lost Izalith, and it will remain open. However, leaving before doing so means that you cannot open the door until you become Chaos Servant +2 again.*
Offering 30 humanity in a future play-through will not give you additional Chaos Firestorm spells.
Attacking the Daughter of Chaos counts as betraying the covenant.
Killing the Daughter of Chaos will deactivate the bonfire and give you a Fire Keeper Soul. You can still warp to this fire once deactivated.
If interested on how the egg head looks you can check the following video. Shows the 1st stage of the egg, the hatching and later the larva attack.
How to correctly get infected with eggs:
Equip a low powered weapon (even better, use your bare hand without dragon torso). Then go up to an egg carrier and give them a little tap, but make sure you don't kill them. You can also jump on top of them, or just kick one of them a few times. After that, all you have to do is stand there and wait for the burdened to grab hold of you and impregnate your forehead. This can take a couple attempts for it to stick, but when it does the easiest way to tell is for you to let your character idle. Once your character is idle he will randomly scratch his head. After that it's just a waiting game, but it can take up to 10 minutes for the egg to hatch, and when it does if you go see Eingyi (Egg-burdened npc after Queelag) and he will give you an Egg Vermifuge and access to Poison Mist and Toxic Mist Pyromancy spells.
Effects of egg infestation:
- The souls you get for killing enemies is reduced by half.
- You cannot wear a helmet until you remove the egg.
If you do not cure the egghead, then after you collect 100,000 souls it will "upgrade", gaining more effects:
- The egghead grows larger
- Your kick is replaced (for ALL weapons) by a unique maggot bite attack. This does miniscule damage, staggers the opponent as if they had been kicked, and has longer range than a normal kick, but it is slower.
The egghead can be cured by using an egg vermifuge. Keep in mind that if you break the chaos servants covenant, you will no longer be able to buy the antidote for the eggs. See the Egg Vermifuge page for alternative ways to obtain them.
- Covenant: Chaos Servant - discover Chaos Servant covenant. ( 25 points + Silver Trophy )