Counter damage occurs when a target is hit while attacking. In general, the vulnerable window is relatively late into the attack animation.
- Bonus damage is applied to physical damage of thrusting attacks only. Weapons like the Moonlight Butterfly Horn do not benefit from this at all, and split damage like infused weapons, the Dragonslayer Spear or Crossbows or Bows using elemental bolts/arrows only have the physical part of the Damage enhanced.
- What attacks deal thrust damage is determined exclusively by the attack, what is displayed for a weapon in the menu does not apply to all attacks and can be misleading.
- For example, all Halberds (excluding Great and Lifehunt Scythe as they are considered different a separate weapon class within the game's parameters and the Scythe) deal thrust damage with all their light attacks, but the Gargoyle's Halberd only mentions Regular and the Black Knight Halberd only mention Slash.
- The resulting Damage is calculated as your regular damage multiplied by a factor of 1.2 (120%), if the Leo Ring is worn that is multiplied again by 1.4, resulting in a total 1.68 factor.
- Poise Damage is not affected.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!