Covetous Silver Serpent Ring
Covetous Silver Serpent Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Players can equip up to 2 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible.
- Increases souls absorbed for each kill by 20%.
- Stacks with Symbol of Avarice: combined total bonus is +44%.
- Also applies to PVP Souls.
- Found in Tomb of the Giants, close to the second Bonfire.
- After encountering and killing the 2nd skeleton dog there's a skeleton archer trying to shoot at you. After killing the archer, drop down by the corpse behind him, and there's a hidden path to the ring (drop a Prism Stone off the edge to see the path).
- It's also possible to jump up to the ledge, where the ring is located, on the right side.
- Note: Be wary that after picking up the ring 5 skeleton towers will attack you.
- This is a fantastic ring that makes farming souls significantly easier. If you don't mind the occupied ring slot; it's viable to carry for the rest of the game.
- Offers no combat effects, its only purpose is to earn more souls from fallen enemies.
- After killing a boss, there is a slight pause before you earn the souls. Equip the ring before the souls arrive, and the bonus will still apply.
- Stacks with the Symbol of Avarice and Overkill Bonus.
- You do not get any bonus effect from wearing both Serpent Rings at once, but their individual effects stack (+200 item discovery and +20% souls gained)
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
If you're one of those veteran nerds that likes to get rid of pinwheel as soon as you're out of the asylum, you should consider doing the extra mile for this ring honestly. In NG, you won't have that many choices early on and it can make an ""alright"" difference until you reach the Havel and Chloranthy rings.
I'm level 180 with nearly 300 hours on my first playthrough. I've farmed a lot. The Covetous Silver Serpent Ring has never once boosted my souls at all. I've tested this thoroughly on many occasions, many times. It does boost item discovery but, not souls. Is there something I'm missing?
Do rings break when i die wearing them?
the first method to get this, is from ds3 lol
20% more souls in exchange for only 1 ring slot? I'm only gonna use this ring for farming, that's for sure. Maybe once i "git amazing" i'll use this ring in actual playthrough's. For now though this ring is gonna have to gather dust in my inventory.
Does this ring affect how many souls you get from soul items Like boss souls
Is it just me, or does the titanite drop rate increase when I have this equipped? I'm noticing balder knights and darkwraiths drop titanite almost exclusively when I wear this ring. I would expect the gold one to be the ring to use if you titanite farming though, Maybe it's just cause I farm with the silver one, and just notice drops more?
As a co-op'ing sunbro (sunsis actually), as far as I observed, wearing this ring as a phantom summoned for a boss battle does give the +20% souls at least to me, but in first place I really hope my hosts receive the bonus as well, can anyone check/confirm this?
What is "Overkill Bonus" ?