Crystal Magic Weapon
Crystal Magic Weapon is a Sorcery in Dark Souls. To cast a sorcery, you must use a Catalyst or Special Weapons that can cast Sorceries.
Sorcery boosted by the knowledge Logan acquired at the Regal Archives. High magic + crystallization: right weapon. Logan's trials were successful, and the crystal medium facilitated a stronger bond between weapon and soul.
- Weapon Buff
- Duration: 60 seconds
- Use a Catalyst in the left hand to enchant the right-hand weapon.
- Weapon must be standard, crystal, or raw. Some Dragon and Unique weapons can be enchanted too (see Weapon Buffs).
- Purchase from Big Hat Logan in Duke's Archives library (after freeing him from his cell)
- Crystallization is visual only, your weapon won't turn into a real crystal one.
- Crystal Magic Weapon will add a static amount of damage rating to your weapon's base stats. That is to say, it is unaffected by your weapon's stats. In effect, this means smaller, faster weapons will benefit more from the spell than larger, slower weapons.
- Crystal Magic Weapon's buff amount scales with your Catalyst's Magic Adjust stat. It does not scale with your Int stat. For best results, cast this spell with the catalyst that has the highest Magic Adjust stat at your Int level.
- The amount of damage rating the spell will add to your weapon is equal to 1.4x your catalyst's Mag Adj stat.
- The Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, the Dusk Crown Ring, and the Crown of the Dark Sun do not increase the spell's effectiveness.
- The Lingering Dragoncrest Ring will increase by 1.5x the spell's duration for only and exactly as long as the ring is equipped during the spell's effect. This means the buff will last anywhere between 1:00 and 1:30 depending on how long you wear the ring during its effect
- This item cannot be used if any other Weapon Buffs are active, or vice versa.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Between daggers, curved swords, and rapiers, which is the best for getting good damage both with and without the spell?
Which is better for a sorcery build: an Enchanted weapon or a weapon buffed by Crystal Magic Weapon?
Which is better, this or Sunlight Blade?
can someone fix the description for this spell? it has the great magic weapon one
This is the best when you upgrade a +15 greataxe with the buff
This buff overall is better than Darkmoon Blade.
1. More damage (only if you are Rank +1 or less in Blade of the Dark Moon).
Darkmoon Blade damage is calculated by 1.8x the magic adjustment. At 50 faith, the best talisman is Darkmoon Talisman, which has 226 magic adjustment. So 226 x 1.8 = 406.8 damage.
Crystal Magic Weapon damage is calculated by 1.4x magic adjustment. At 50 Intelligence, the best catalyst is Tin Crystallization Catalyst, which has 293 magic adjustment. So 293 x 1.4 = 410.2 damage.
2. More uses.
Darkmoon Blade occupies 1 slot and has 1 use.
Crystal Magic Weapon occupies 1 slot and has 3 uses.
3. Less requirements.
Darkmoon Blade needs 30 Faith.
Crystal Magic Weapon needs 25 Intelligence.
4. You can increase the duration using Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
Darkmoon Blade you can't.
Crystal Magic Weapon increases 30 seconds, totaling 90 seconds.
My nuts are exploding with semen at the sight of sorcery
one shot gwyn this with demon great axe, power within and the hornet ring good ol riposte
One would think logan created this along with the crustal spear and soul mass at the archives..but the descriptions implies this one was already around
On a Str/Int build with Manus Catalyst, does the magic adjustment scale with Strength? Or is it only for dark sorceries that deals physical damages? Thanks!
cmw+dagger is a KILLER for PVE