Crystal Straight Sword
|Requirements & Bonus|
|Weapon Type||Straight Sword|
|Attack Type||Regular / Thrust|
Crystal Straight Sword is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
A fully crystallized straight sword. How such a weapon was created is entirely unknown."
"The crystallization boosts its attack, but makes the blade brittle. The sword cannot be used for long, as it cannot be repaired."
How to Get / Where to Find the Crystal Straight Sword
- Drops from Undead Crystal Soldiers (Sword) (3% chance - The Duke's Archives).
- Purchased from Domhnall of Zena (4,000 Souls).
Hints and Tips:
- Can be given to Kingseeker Frampt to receive 10 Souls.
- Like all Crystal weapons and armor, cannot be upgraded or repaired.
- Not as effective as the Crystal Greatsword, since in the boss fights where it's damage is relevant, the sword and board playstyle usually isn't very helpful. However, it can be a potent throwaway weapon for dealing with regular mobs during early game, being equivalent to a Longsword +8. By the time this sword starts dropping from enemies (The Duke's Archives), it is mediocre at best, though tolerable if you feel the need to use a fast weapon.
- Be wary when seeing this weapon in PvP, for it is rarely actually used. Instead, it is most likely a hacked version that does ~900 damage while in one hand. However it swings slightly slower than most Straight Swords.
Youtube relevant videos:
Crystal Straight Sword Upgrade Table
Regular Reinforcement Scales 58% for Strength and 52% for Dexterity to increase your AR.
|Attack Values||Parameter Bonuses||Damage Reduction (%)||Stability|
|Crystal Straight Sword|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Crystal only run???
Rating weapons based on looks:
Very diferent from the majority of straight swords, even tho its just a regular sword covered in crustals, brilliant
“Give to Frampt for 1 squared souls”
That’s still just one soul.
Can anyone confirm if this counts as a crystal upgrade path weapon in remastered, thus changing your weapon matchmaking to the lvl 4-15 range?
I think I may have messed up my low level invasion character by buying this from Domhall.
I had kept everything no higher than +5 to match with +0-11 weapon levels.
I swear it seems like I don't find invasions as easily since buying it.
Looking at this item in game and in Remaster it appears to do 150 base damage instead of 145.
fun base for weapon buff builds, or something for a crystal madman cosplay.
Just for clarification purposes, this is not a weapon upgraded on the crystal upgrade path, it's a unique item.
Despite having decent scaling and low stat requirements to be serviceable for a early game weapon. However, the downsides out weights the positives. It's damage output for mid game like anor Londo is miserable, it can't be repaired nor upgrade making this weapon extremely limited. Use this weapon only at early game or use the balder side sword since it's possible to get it in early game while being useful for endgame due to its higher damage output.
Anyone else irritated Crystal weapons still can't be repaired? Am I the only one? Magic and many other unrealistic things are reality in Dark Souls. So why can't crystal weapons be repaired? :/