|Requirements & Bonus|
|Weapon Type||Fist Weapon|
Dark Hand is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
The Darkwraiths, incited by Kaathe, use the power of the dark soul to absorb humanity, an art shared by this weapon, which also acts as a special shield. The ancients, particularly, could sap the humanity of even a replete saint in the blink of an eye."
How to Get / Where to Find the Dark Hand
- This weapon cannot be Upgraded.
- Leveling your Darkwraith rank will not make the Dark Hand more powerful, but cause it to steal more Humanity.
In the right hand it is a powerful fist weapon with the ability to steal humanity, from players you have invaded or NPCs, while in the left hand it also becomes a shield.
- Give to Frampt to receive 1 soul.
- Can be used in left hand and Produces a good but low stability shield.
- Special: Pressing R2 while the Dark Hand is in your Right hand will initiate a grab attack, used to steal humanityfrom another player (PVP) or from some NPCs.
- A normal Dark Hand will steal 1 humanity from players and NPCs with each grab, even if you are not a darkwraith member.
- Ranking up as a Darkwraith will increase the amount of humanity drained with each grab.
Darkwraith +1 = 3 humanity / +2 = 5 humanity / +3 = 10 humanity.
- This can be parried, surprisingly.
- This move can also be used multiple times to steal all humanity from PvP players and NPCs.
- Using R2 on an NPC should not cause them to become hostile, so you can use it freely, with the exclusion of the blacksmiths, who will become hostile upon attack.
- Both you and your target must be at the same floor height or the R2 grab attack will only do damage instead of grabbing him.
- The R2 grab attack will have the same animation if they have no humanity left.
- Obtaining the Dark Hand through killing Dark Wraiths can easily be done through the use of high item drop rate on your character. (410 drop rate, for example).
- It appears to be possible to steal humanity with Dark Hand is equipped in your left hand by switching equips in the right, and then using L2. More specifically, switching from Dragonslayer Great Bow to Darkmoon Tin Catalyst in the right hand. (Unconfirmed).
See Humanity Farming for a list of NPCs, and how much humanity each one holds.
Dark Hand Upgrade Table
|Attack Values||Parameter Bonuses||Auxiliary Effects||Damage Reduction (%)||Stability|