Dragon Scale is an Ore in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
Dragon Scale Usage
- Can be used to upgrade Dragon weapons.
- Can be used to increase player's rank in the Path of the Dragon covenant.
Dragon Scale Location
- Rare (5%) drop from Drakes in the Valley of Drakes.
- Trade with Snuggly: 1x for Egg Vermifuge.
- 1x from the Undead Dragon in the Valley of Drakes.
- 1x from the Undead Dragon in the Painted World of Ariamis.
- 1x from the Hydra in Darkroot Basin.
- 2x from the Black Hydra in Ash Lake.
- 1x in a chest close to the second bonfire in Blighttown.
- 1x on a corpse just to the left of the Black Hydra in Ash Lake.
- 1x on a floating corpse past the Man-Eater Shells in Ash Lake.
- 1x inside the hollow tree on the beach in Ash Lake.
- Drops from Vagrants, specifically the Red Good Vagrant. (Depths, Undead Burg, Undead Parish, Painted World of Ariamis, Darkroot Garden, Darkroot Basin, The Catacombs, Tomb of Giants, The Great Hollow, Ash Lake, Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith, Sen's Fortress, Blighttown, Anor Londo, New Londo Ruins Lower, New Londo Ruins Upper, The Duke's Archives, Crystal Cave, Northern Undead Asylum, Kiln of the First Flame, and Royal Wood).
- Video Location Timestamp 16:07
- Video Location Timestamp 1:16
- Video Location Timestamp 1:20
- Video Location Timestamp 2:12
- Video Location Timestamp 3:23
- Video Location Timestamp 6:56
Weapons upgraded with Dragon Scales
- Dragon Bone Fist
- Dragon Greatsword
- Dragon King Greataxe
- Dragon Tooth
- Drake Sword
- Moonlight Greatsword
- Priscilla's Dagger
- Obsidian Greatsword (AotA only)
- Dragon Scales are described to be keys to immortality.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
We is it
I ****ing hate these things. There are barely any in the overworld, duping them is a *****, they're a rare drop from one of the most annoying enemy in the game that just flies around over and over again, and you can't trade some dumb twinkling titanite for them with frampt. But alas, I can't play online and I want the dragon torso stone maxed out. Damn you From.
whos a dragonslayer now ornstein
Writing this here for anyone who's interested to farm these offline:
Get the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring and use 1 humanity at least (The more humanity you use the better)
Go to valley of drakes and farm the 6 drakes
You should get 10 in like 30 minutes , potentially more if you use 10 humanity
just dupe these things because grinding them is actually going to make you depressed
The drakes from valley of drakes are mentioned twice in the location tab
Yeah whenever I do a Dragon playthrough or use any dragon weapons. I just dupe these things. Much easier than farming them.
I'm glad I'm on a high INT build currently so I can 1-2 shot the drakes with big-boy sorceries, because holy hell farming this sucks.
The game is basically dead now so it's probably best to ignore or just grind if you don't have friends sadly :/
this is the most mind numbing farm in the game
"Obsidian Greatsword (PTDE only)" after remastered version, this line feels like only PTDE, not in remastered
It's much more profitable to duel with people than farm these from Drakes. Their attacks can be unpredictable and stunlock you. Someone can place their sign at Oolacile Township and get summoned regularly. On PC I was able to find a duel every 5 minutes or so.
tis like dragonity for us bros
Just kill people and they’re easy to get.
I was going to join Path of the Dragon and give them 30 Dragon Scales for the Dragon Torso Stone but hell no, farming is wayyyy too bad here to even bother. It's not even required for Knight's Honor or any Achievement so F that!!
Why on Earth would they make Dragon Scales a covenant item AND an upgrade material? These things take forever to get.
Drakes are listed twice as things you can get the dragon scales from. Might want to remove one?
god i suck at this game QQ
Something that kind of irritates me is base weapons and equipment are dirt cheap to upgrade, but then there's specialized weaponry (those dragon or boss weapons you like) and suddenly you're expected to cough up literally tens of thousands of souls and expend incredibly rare materials. Sure, you get rich quickly on higher NG modes, but it's kind of a pain to accumulate base game, especially when you need to keep upgrading weapons; upgrading piece-meal is a pain, too. Something else is that bothers me is every individual weapon class requiring some special category of ore. It makes sense, but it's difficult to keep straight, the materials are rare (or expensive), and there isn't enough dispersed throughout the game to upgrade more than a single weapon without going on excruciating farming ventures. I feel like the upgrade system is inefficient and lopsided with no apparent balancing.
The Cursed Greatsword of Artorias also upgrades with dragon scales.
OH THANK GOD THERE'S ENOUGH TO IN THE BASE GAME TO UPGRADE A DRAGON WEAPON TO MAX. I mean, drake farming sucks. And no one uses my dragon eye sign.
They forgot to put that the obsidian greatsword is upgraded with dragon scales
There is also one located in anor London that is not mentioned on any of the wikis
Point out where they are as well as of in where they are lying about. Not just tied to enemies.