|Requirements & Bonus|
|Weapon Type||Straight Sword|
Drake Sword is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
This sword, one of the rare dragon weapons, is formed by a drake's tail. Drakes are seen as undeveloped imitators of the dragons, but they are likely their distant kin."
"The sword is imbued with a mystical power, to be released when held with both hands."
How to Get / Where to Find the Drake Sword
- Obtained by cutting off the tail of Hellkite Wyvern in the Undead Burg (either by fighting him normally or by shooting off his tail with a bow and arrows from below the bridge).
Hints and Tips:
- Can be given to Kingseeker Frampt to receive 5,000 Souls.
- Drake Sword can be upgraded by using Dragon Scales.
- When equipped grants Magic DEF +15 and Flame DEF +15.
- It's not recommended to spend Dragon Scales and 10,000 Souls per upgrade on this weapon as the resulting low increase in damage does not offset the high cost.
- Decent weapon at the earliest point it can be procured thanks to high base damage with low stat requirements. As it doesn't scale with any stats and upgrading it has little effect in exchange for scarce upgrade material, it should be replaced early on. After reaching Andre and when reaching the point of being able to upgrade weapons to +5, it should be permanently ignored.
- If you wield it with two hands, pressing or holding (stronger attack) R2 will trigger a shockwave attack. Do note that every use of this attack consumes 30 durability points of your weapon. You can use this attack 12 times until this sword's durability drops to 0 points and it breaks.
- Can be traded to Frampt for 5,000 souls; useful for when it is made irrelevant by higher scaling weapons. Be warned that if you intend to get the Knight's Honor achievement you will need to acquire this sword.
- The Drake Sword is part of a theme that ties the Everlasting Dragons to stone.
- A blade similar to the Drake Sword is used by Pthumerians, and Martyr Logarius, in Bloodborne.
Youtube relevant videos: