Dusk was the princess of Oolacile at the time it was attacked by the abyss. She was saved by a knight she believes to be Artorias and thus survived the destruction of Oolacile, becoming the only known survivor. At some point after her rescue she became trapped in a golden crystal golem in what was to become the Darkroot Basin. In stasis inside the crystal, she was preserved until present day. Should the player choose to free her, she will offer to teach them the light-manipulating sorceries of Oolacile. She will disappear shortly after her rescue, and if the player agreed to her offer, will be available for summon near the body floating in the lake.
- After defeating the Hydra in the Darkroot Basin, hug the left hand side of the lake and follow the edge past the ladder until you see a Golden Crystal Golem at the far end of the lake. Note: You must quit and reload your game, warp, or leave the area for the golem to appear. It is also recommended that you wear the Rusted Iron Ring before engaging the golem.
- After you kill the golem, Dusk should appear in its place. She will thank you and ask if her sorceries could be an assistance, so answer 'yes' and she will lay down her signature and await to be summoned. If you answer 'no' to her question she will not appear again. If the golem is not at the back of the cave after defeating Hydra, try either reloading the game or exiting and touching a bonfire.
- (AotA) After the player acquires and places the Lordvessel, Dusk's summon sign will cease to appear. Instead, the player must acquire the Broken Pendant from the crystal golem in the beginning of the Duke's Archives and bring it to the area where Dusk's golem appeared in the Darkroot Basin to access a portal to Oolacile. In the Oolacile Sanctuary Elizabeth will sell Dusk's sorceries in her stead.
- (AotA) She appears in the Chasm of the Abyss after Manus has been defeated, sobbing quietly and inconsolable. She will not speak to the player. She can be killed by a melee attack in this state, however. Doing so will, besides the obvious effect of removing her from the game entirely, also cause mushroom lady Elizabeth in the Sanctuary to vanish, rendering Dusk's shop inaccessible for the remainder of the playthrough.
- (AotA) Once saved from the Abyss, her summon sign will reappear at her summoning spot in the Basin. She believes to have been saved by Artorias, but remarks on his similarities to the player.
IMPORTANT: Killing the golden crystal golem with magic that has a lingering effect,such as chaos fireballs,can and will immediately kill Dusk.
- Her sign is directly in front of the lake where you fought the Hydra. Should be in front of a small rock. She will tell the player a small amount of personal history and thank the player profusely for her rescue.
- If her sign is not there you may need to reload the game to get it to appear.
- Note: Her sign sometimes appears to be in the water just in front of the rock.
- Watch out for the enemies on the beach, they can kill her if you're not careful.
Dusk of Oolacile's Inventory
|Oolacile Ivory Catalyst||12||-||-||1,000|
Note: Also teaches the gesture "Proper Bow."
- 1,000 Souls "Farewell, my rescuer..."
- No humanity is rewarded for using the Dark Hand on Dusk after summoning her.
- Note: The Antiquated Set is NOT dropped through killing her - it will appear as dropped treasure at the end of the cave where she was in crystal golem form. You must summon her at least once before it will appear, but you do not need to kill her. You may need to reload the area using a bonfire or quitting and reloading your file.
- (AotA) After killing Manus, she appears on the ground near the bonfire that appears too by killing Manus.
- Armor: Antiquated set
- Left Hand: None
- Right Hand: None
- Rings: Dusk Crown Ring
- Spells: None
- Special: None