Dusk was the princess of Oolacile at the time it was attacked by the abyss. She was saved by a knight she believes to be Artorias and thus survived the destruction of Oolacile, becoming the only known survivor. At some point after her rescue she became trapped in a golden crystal golem in what was to become the Darkroot Basin. In stasis inside the crystal, she was preserved until present day. Should the player choose to free her, she will offer to teach them the light-manipulating sorceries of Oolacile. She will disappear shortly after her rescue, and if the player agreed to her offer, will be available for summon near the body floating in the lake.
- After defeating the Hydra in the Darkroot Basin, hug the left hand side of the lake and follow the edge past the ladder until you see a Golden Crystal Golem at the far end of the lake. Note: You must quit and reload your game, warp, or leave the area for the golem to appear. It is also recommended that you wear the Rusted Iron Ring before engaging the golem.
- After you kill the golem, Dusk should appear in its place. She will thank you and ask if her sorceries could be an assistance, so answer 'yes' and she will lay down her signature and await to be summoned. If you answer 'no' to her question she will not appear again. If the golem is not at the back of the cave after defeating Hydra, try either reloading the game or exiting and touching a bonfire.
- (AotA) After the player acquires and places the Lordvessel, Dusk's summon sign will cease to appear. Instead, the player must acquire the Broken Pendant from the crystal golem in the beginning of the Duke's Archives and bring it to the area where Dusk's golem appeared in the Darkroot Basin to access a portal to Oolacile. In the Oolacile Sanctuary Elizabeth will sell Dusk's sorceries in her stead.
- (AotA) She appears in the Chasm of the Abyss after Manus has been defeated, sobbing quietly and inconsolable. She will not speak to the player. She can be killed by a melee attack in this state, however. Doing so will, besides the obvious effect of removing her from the game entirely, also cause mushroom lady Elizabeth in the Sanctuary to vanish, rendering Dusk's shop inaccessible for the remainder of the playthrough.
- (AotA) Once saved from the Abyss, her summon sign will reappear at her summoning spot in the Basin. She believes to have been saved by Artorias, but remarks on his similarities to the player.
IMPORTANT: Killing the golden crystal golem with magic that has a lingering effect,such as chaos fireballs,can and will immediately kill Dusk.
- Her sign is directly in front of the lake where you fought the Hydra. Should be in front of a small rock. She will tell the player a small amount of personal history and thank the player profusely for her rescue.
- If her sign is not there you may need to reload the game to get it to appear.
- Note: Her sign sometimes appears to be in the water just in front of the rock.
- Watch out for the enemies on the beach, they can kill her if you're not careful.
Dusk of Oolacile's Inventory
|Oolacile Ivory Catalyst||12||-||-||1,000|
Note: Also teaches the gesture "Proper Bow."
- 1,000 Souls "Farewell, my rescuer..."
- No humanity is rewarded for using the Dark Hand on Dusk after summoning her.
- Note: The Antiquated Set is NOT dropped through killing her - it will appear as dropped treasure at the end of the cave where she was in crystal golem form. You must summon her at least once before it will appear, but you do not need to kill her. You may need to reload the area using a bonfire or quitting and reloading your file.
- (AotA) After killing Manus, she appears on the ground near the bonfire that appears too by killing Manus.
- Armor: Antiquated set
- Left Hand: None
- Right Hand: None
- Rings: Dusk Crown Ring
- Spells: None
- Special: None
Opened the wiki to see if I miss anything, accidentally killed her after grabbing the controller again
What if Velka = Dusk? Wife of Gwyn kidnapped by Manus but also "experimented" on by Seeth. Dusk uses Ooalicile magic. Hidden Body/ Weapon = Priscilla, Hidden Bridge illusion DS3 = Yorshka, Gwyndolin uses illusion to hide Gwynevere
Manus kidnapping a pregnant Dusk/Velka would corrupt her womb with the dark hence why Priscilla is hidden away, why Gwyndolin has dark moon powers and why Yorshka has that spell as a reward and the Yorshka chime which uses int/faith.
Velka = Dusk. Her kids use her magic. She was kidnapped by Manus as well as being experimented on and captured by Seethe. Much like in Berserk with the moonlight child being corrupted during the eclipse, Dusk (dusk meaning coming darkness or night) womb was corrupted by Manus and Seethe. She birthed 4 kids all with Oolacile and Dark powers. Maybe her and Gwyn had 1 son not corrupted The Nameless King.
This ****ing idiot just died because she spawns on Manus' corpse that I was still hitting. Now I'm mad
****ing **** goddamn crystal golem smashed her back to her hometown while I was scrolling through the spells. AND I'VE ONLY BOUGHT 2 THE LAST TIME I SUMMONED HER
Take a long look Artorias died for this ho e LMAO
damn i stabbed the **** out of her lmao hope she wasnt too important
Worth note that as of DS Remastered, upon finishing the AOTA expansion, Dusk outright states it was the player who rescued her, and not artorias.
so apparently the plot of my DLC adventure was all for nothing. By the time I got to the Manus fight, I completely forgot that the premise was that I was meant to be rescuing Dusk. Seeing this poor sobbing lady on the floor lying in the middle of the abyss, completely unable to talk to her, it was just such a miserable and hopeless sight - I thought the point was that she needed putting out of her misery.
It was just seconds after the blow from my greataxe landed, that a vague memory of a mushroom asking me to save a princess resurfaced. And it turned out that even the mushroom was now gone. It was at this point that I quietly warped back to the present time, never to speak of the incident again
Do you need the dlc for this?
you know how she is crying when we kill manus what if she's crying because we killed him
if she wouldn't of got captured by Manus artorias would still be alive
I was just wondering about this...it should've had more lines in the dialogue. Feels like we're missing something important.
WTF BLUE GOLEM JUST ONE SHOT HER ROFL
When she refers to your "balance of the humours," I guess she's not referring to the classical four humours, but maybe souls and humanity? Souls appear to represent something like honor or dignity, whereas humanity is more emotional and chaotic... Artorias was overburdened by humanity, and we get a glimpse of his anguish and rage firsthand, having lost his dignity.
Dusk will say that you saved her in her dialogue after beating Manus if you’re wearing Artorias Set
I said no to her because I figured her set would pop up faster that way. I don't she her set or summon sign. Is there no way to get the crown at this point?
What happens if you summon her, kill her and then go do the DLC? Will she still appear after you kill Manus?
I love Dusk soo much. I want to marry her and have babies with her. She is truly the love of my life and is truly perfect in every single way.
So, who actually tells you there is a golden golem there in a tucked-away corner that was empty after killing the hydra, but only shows after a reload after killing the hydra?
Serious question. Without googling, unless you went back there randomly, how the hell would you know?
She has bunny ears
But I would still smash
I HATE DUSK'S PLACEMENT FOR SUMMON SIGNS. SHE HID THE SUMMON SIGN IN THE WATER FREAKING ME OUT AND MAN I REALLY WANTED THAT PRETTY PRINCESS CROWN
IMPORTANT: Killing the golden crystal golem with magic that has a lingering effect,such as chaos fireballs,can and will immediately kill Dusk. yup...
Hints on this stupid site are so misleading. I climbed the big ass ladder and kept dying around the river looking for her. While in fact she is on the left site of the LAKE below
I'm here because Mew2King just keeps letting his Twitch chat convince him to swing on people.
I have been playing for a while without summoning any npcs b/c I don't want to get invaded. If I summon her will it open me up to invasion?
Baby, you must be Dusk of Oolacile, cause you're giving me Royal Wood, and all I want to do is check out your abyss so I can show you my hidden weapon trick. ;).
So i killed manus but didnt interact with dusk and didnt light the bonfire because i died, then when i returned back to her i couldn’t find her, i even went to darkroot basin and she still wasn’t there. What do ?
So after obtaining the Lordvessel and NOT setting it at Firelink Shrine, I went to Darkroot Basin to farm some Blue Titanite Chunks. I went to Dusk to buy some spells just so I could have them for the playthrough. I did another run because I’m farming and noticed her summon sign was gone. I know the wiki says when you obtain the Lordvessel her sign disappears but I talked to her once already while having the it. Can someone explain this wanky danky bull*****
It doesn't matter if she dies. You can still get to the dlc through the normal process.
I got her first run. Her sign is on the right side of the hydra arena next to a rock. After I used a humanity to reverse hollowing, her set appeared at the back of the cave where the golden golem was.
Her sign didn’t appear for me even though I answered yes to her question. I did everything right but apparently From Software sucks at making remasters. Make sure to upload your save file to usb before killing the golden golem or you may have to wait for ng+ for these spells. This game is ridden with glitches!
So pissed off, went through the trouble of killing that fucking hydra, used a chaos pyromancy on the Golem, and now gotta wait till next playthough. No warning whatsoever. Ducking hate this game.
Small correction: actually placing the lordvessel doesn't seem to trigger her appearance. Simply acquiring it does.
On my current, first playthrough I got back from Anor Londo through warping and am pissing about, farming stuff here and there. My lordvessel ain't in place yet but Dusk's summon sign has disappeared.
kill this npc at all costs
I got everything from her expect "Repair" I left did a couple things came back and I don't see her summing sign do I have to defeat Manus?
What do I do if I accidentally kill her
She appears after you place the Lord vessel just kill golem speak to her quit out and load back in just did it
Dusk =/= Rhea
She appears even if you haven't the DLC?