An egg implanted on the head by a type of parasite bearing eggs on its back.
The nightmare begins with a slight itch on the head, and soon the parasite will be siphoning the souls of slain enemies.
Unless you find this amusing, quickly use Egg Vermifuge to purge it.
- Acquired from egg carriers in Demon Ruins and Blighttown.
- Walk up to a moving egg carrier, and let him grab you, to be infected.
- Your character will start scratching it's head if the infection was successful, it then hatches after about 5 minutes.
- The egg head consumes half your earned souls, even after it evolves, and will evolve after it consumes 100,000 souls.
- This makes it a total of 200,000 souls, 100k for you and 100k for the parasite.
- By consuming collected souls the total amount is only 100,000.
- The egg head will also make you more vulnerable to fire damage. (Tested with lava damage; with and without armor: Damage taken per tick stays the same, with or without egg head)
- No helmet or normal headgear can be worn while you are infected with the egg head.
- If you use the Dragon Head Stone before you get infected, the dragon head will still be there when you cure the egg (unless you died in the meantime). The dragon breath attack is also unavailable while the egg covers it.
- After the egg hatches, Eingyi will sell you the cure, some pyromancy spells and a pyromancy glove.
- Eingyi will also give you an Egg Vermifuge for free, every time you get a new Egg Head.
- After the egg evolves, the kick animation (Forward + R1/RB) is replaced by a larvae bite attack.
- The Larvae attack cannot be used to infect other players, unfortunately.
- The egg head is removed at any time by consuming an Egg Vermifuge.