Estus Flask is a Consumable in Dark Souls.
Estus Flask Usage
- Reusable item that replenishes health. Acquire Estus at Bonfires for HP recovery in the field.
- Resting at Bonfires will recover your supply of Estus, up to the limit of that particular fire.
- The starting number of uses you recover from any normal Bonfire is 5.
- Use"Kindle" at a Bonfire, and spend one Humanity point, to increase the amount to 10 for that particular fire.
- The Bonfires with a Fire Keeper present are kindled by default, providing 10 flasks.
- After acquiring the Rite of Kindling the bonfires can be kindled to 15 and then to 20 Estus uses.
- Resting will always provide you with the maximum amount of Estus for that Bonfire.
- Drinking Estus will also heal summoned co-op players. This does not apply to summoned NPCs.
- Other online players Kindling their bonfires in the same area can grant you a bonus Estus use.
- If you have 20 full charges in your bottle already, the number of charges will not increase further.
- Drops from Oscar of Astora. (Guaranteed - Northern Undead Asylum and Northern Undead Asylum Revisit)
- Chest behind Frampt's Location in Firelink Shrine (If not picked up from Oscar after NG0).
Estus Flask Upgrade
- The Estus Flask can be upgraded with a Fire Keeper Soul, up to +7, to replenish more HP with each charge.
- To upgrade it, give Fire Keeper Souls to one of the three known Fire Keepers: Anastacia, the mute girl below Firelink Shrine, The Fair Lady, who resides in Quelaag's Domain, beyond the boss room, and behind an illusionary wall, and the Darkmoon Knightess, leaning against a wall in the room containing the first bonfire in Anor Londo.
Estus Flask Location
Estus Flask Upgrade Table
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I can’t believe I havent seen anyone talking about this but if you don’t collect the Estus from Oscar on NG0 it will appear in the chest behind Frampt on NG+ playthroughs. Just discovered this as I bricked a character that I was doing a No Estus run on
I always imagined estus flask tasting like Sunny D.
I understood the rite as an item which allows me to Kindle a bonfire without the need to be human and was disappointed that it didn't work. Now reading it is for upgrading a fire Till 20 flusks is insane hahaha.
Can someone please explain why sometimes throughout the playthrough the estus flasks just regenerate randomly by one and there is this shimmering light absorption effect around me when it's happening, never really questioned it because it always helped me
Can’t you also upgrade your flask by talking to the dragon in Ash Lake?
Does estus taste like lemonade
can you feed your flask to frampt lol.
I’ve always preferred the kindling mechanic in DS1 over the collectible shards in the sequels but I don’t understand why as I don’t skip anything so regardless of what game it is I’ll end up with all items anyway but I can definitely imagine players who like to skip areas they don’t need on new characters preferring DS1 kindling as you don’t miss healing potential if you leave out an area here and there
only still alive fair lady but ı am desire she s fire keeper soul
bruh i just realised, if you find another estus flask and shatter it you would have a lot of estus shards. so then you could upgrade the one you use.
Chug dat Sunny D
Song of the Estus Flask
What's the frame data for the estus flask, like how long it takes to drink one.
The estus flask upgrades to +7 likely because there are only seven unique fire keeper souls. One in Undead Parish. One in New Londo Ruins. One in Blighttown. One in Duke's Archives. And then one each for the three surviving firekeepers (Firelink, Anor Londo, and Quelaag's sister). It is possible to fully upgrade the estus flask without killing any firekeepers with just two game cycles, in fact you can go from +4 to +7 at the very beginning of NG+ by using the master key reverse shortcut path. You will need to kill Quelaag to get access to her sister though as collecting both the Blight Town and the Undead Parish firekeeper souls will trigger Lautrec to kill Anadtacia before the bells are rung.
i just used the first fire keeper soul i found i didnt know u had to find actual fire keepers lmao rip
imagine saying that dark souls 2 becomes easier because you have so much healing from gems, disregarding the clear reality that you can just offer 3-4 humanity at a bonfire to get a whopping 20 estus uses. Ok im bout' to head out.
"Estus" is derived from the latin word "Aestus" (Heat, Ember)
The Estus Flask is so ugly like why did they have to make it that ugly orange color? It should be a dull green with an orange glow when you use it like the original. And they got rid of the Estus dripping animation...like whyyyy
There's a typo that says "Quelagg" instead of "Quelaag", which leads you to a non-existant page when you click it. Could anyone edit that?
Why +7?? Why not +10?? I just went through a lot of trouble to get a couple fire keeper souls only to find out my flasks were maxed out
Ok so if you get all 7 fire keeper souls can you actually have your flask at +7 in regular new game or is +6 the max?
so in DaS Remastered does it still heal phantoms?
Sooooo going from 3 to remastered is a HUGE learning curve...in 3 I can get away from a hit as soon as I use an estus...in this game not so much
I hate how slow the Estus use. In the boss fights where I need it, it's just fast enough, after I get up, to sometimes let me heal before getting struck again. The Manus fight in particular really makes this annoyance paramount.
Hi, i got a challenge run (with the Dark Souls Challenge Run Generator) with "no consumable" but without "no healing", my question is i can heal only with the estus? or "no consumable" mean's "no healing"? thx in advice
Praise the Sun
Did anyone notice how it kinda looks like Solaire?