"Shield born from the soul of the great grey wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the Abysswalker Knight Artorias."
"Boasts consistent defense and divine protection against various status effects."
- Ascend a +10 shield with the Soul of Sif.
- Has the highest stability of any non-crystal shield in the game
- Attacks blocked with the Greatshield of Artorias do not cause any status effect at all (the bar will not even appear) the attack must be blocked however. Area of effect attacks will not be blocked, such as ambient effects like the poison swamp of Blighttown, or the curse mist from basilisk. As such this shield will not block the curse effect from Seath's crystal attack.
- In online play, the shield will not block 100% bleed / poison / toxic. This may be because it doesn't appear to be the actual Great Shield of Artorias ( design is different )
- Upgraded with demon titanite and 5000 souls.
- However, doing so does not increase stability, so it's advisable to leave it unupgraded.
- Artorias and Sif are linked to The Abyss Watchers of DS3 and may be tied to the Hunters of Bloodborne - see article.
Greatshield of Artorias Upgrade Table
Unique Upgrades are performed by any Blacksmith or by using the Weapon Smithbox.
To reach max, you need: 25000 souls and 10 Demon Titanite.
Regular Reinforcement Scales 34% for Strength to increase your AR.