|Requirements & Bonus|
|Attack Type||Regular / Thrust|
Greatsword of Artorias is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
Sword born from the soul of the great grey wolf Sif, guardian of the grave of the Abysswalker Knight Artorias."
"Sir Artorias hunted the Darkwraiths, and his sword strikes harder against dark servants."
How to Get / Where to Find the Greatsword of Artorias
- Ascension with the Soul of (Great Wolf) Sif and either the Broken Straight Sword +10 or Straight Sword Hilt +10.
- In order to create the "Cursed" version of this sword (the variant that can damage Ghosts without applying Transient Curse), you can ascend the soul using any normal +10 upgraded Straight Sword. See Greatsword of Artorias (Cursed).
Hints and Tips:
- Can be given to Kingseeker Frampt to receive 50 Souls.
- Greatsword of Artorias can be upgraded by using Demon Titanite.
- This weapon has split AR, which decreases the total damage significantly. As a trade off, it sports a 140 Divine damage modifier and a hidden passive modifier against Abyss enemies (Darkwraith Knights, The Four Kings), making it a potent choice for traversing lower New Londo Ruins and The Catacombs.
- Like the Abyss Greatsword, this sword requires only Strength and Dexterity for the Physical damage scaling. It is still usable even without meeting the Intelligence and Faith requirement, except it bounces back for every hit.
Demon Titanite weapon upgrades can only be applied to Boss Soul Weapons forged at the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo.
Regular Reinforcement Scales 55% for Strength, 55% for Dexterity, 85% for Intelligence and 85% for Faith to increase your AR.
To reach max, you need: 25,000 Souls and 10 Demon Titanite.