Hornet Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Players can equip up to 2 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible.
- Boosts Critical damage, from Backstabs and Ripostes, by 30%.
- Found in the area where the Great Grey Wolf Sif fight takes place, located behind the tombstone on which Sif makes his appearance.
- Can be looted without fighting Sif, just stay away from the sword
- Changes the animation of Ripostes and Back-stabs when used on human characters (e.g. NPCs in Darkwood and other players)
- Makes overkilling easier. (Some enemies will drop 20% more souls if you deal over 150% of their health in one hit)
- Does not boost headshot damage of bows and crossbows
- Patch 1.06 (Artorias of the Abyss) decreased the critical modifier from 50% to 30%
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
One of the worst decisions ever made
Dark Souls 2 didn't have this ring and also had the best pvp in the series. Not a coincidence.
One ring to rule them all.
The backstab and riposte animation for the big clubs are really brutal lol. I killed Vince(Reah's childhood friend #1) with a back stab, my guy hit his head so damn hard with a dragon tooth, I think Vince's head is gonna be lower than half his previous height now. Riposted Nico, I thought it is just gonna be like the usual animation, but my guy still have to hit him one more time. The last hit is higher than Nico's entire hp bar, I guess he is headless now.
Take this ring and go in style of "backstabbing bastard"
it wouldnt be difficult to speculate that the corpse behind Artorias' grave might be Ciaran herself after the events of the Abyss dlc
Equip this and you will take every crystal little **** in the The Duke's Archives in one hit, with whatever weapon you are using.
Pretty solid against Gwyn
i like this thing, sad you cant use it against all parriable enemies cause the animations are cool
Lol I played ds remastered long after playing ds3 first.. ik late asf... It's mostly all crit fishers in the pvp.. constantly punishing them is highly satisfying... It is pathetically easy to backstab though, so it's understandable
Not a fan of this ring. it isn't that useful in PvE, and it makes PvP really boring.
Does this work with Plunge Attacks?
i was playing remastered and this guy invaded me naked and with no weapon it seemed and he kept on hitting backstabs with his fists when he was next to me or infront of me even he only got one backstab from actually hitting me from behind the rest were bs and btw he had loads of vitality and i just made a new character and im new to the whole dark souls series this is the first dark souls game ive ever played so i had crap weapons a battle axe and the default catalyst so i was hitting them for like 7 mins straight and when they were about to die they whipped out some op magic weapon that one shot me idk what its called
"Hey, the backstabs are glitchy and cheap AF in pvp. It's backstab city out there, what do you wanna do?"-staff. "Two words, hornet ring HaHahahah!"-Miyazaki