Hornet Ring is a Ring in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Players can equip up to 2 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible.
- Boosts Critical damage, from Backstabs and Ripostes, by 30%.
- Found in the area where the Great Grey Wolf Sif fight takes place, located behind the tombstone on which Sif makes his appearance.
- Can be looted without fighting Sif, just stay away from the sword
- Changes the animation of Ripostes and Back-stabs when used on human characters (e.g. NPCs in Darkwood and other players)
- Makes overkilling easier. (Some enemies will drop 20% more souls if you deal over 150% of their health in one hit)
- Does not boost headshot damage of bows and crossbows
- Patch 1.06 (Artorias of the Abyss) decreased the critical modifier from 50% to 30%