Laurentius of the Great Swamp is a Character in Dark Souls
He is a Pyromancy trainer rescued from The Depths. Was apparently being held captive by an undead chef.
- He is in a barrel when you find him. It is recommend to roll through the barrels to free him, since this will not cause him to become aggressive.
- After being rescued Laurentius can be found by taking the first stairway up from Firelink Shrine and turning left, he will be sitting on the ground.
- He will give you a Pyromancy Flame and offer to teach you pyromancies. He can also upgrade the flame using souls.
- Video Location Timestamp 2:19
Laurentius of the Great Swamp's Inventory
- Encountered in The Depths shortly after the first butcher mini-boss and guarded by another butcher. Found stuck in a barrel.
- After talking to him in The Depths, he will return to Firelink Shrine.
- If you speak to him after meeting the Daughter of Chaos in Quelaag's nest or speaking with the witch in Blighttown or possessing one of the Chaos pyromancy, he will ask you where you found such awesome pyromancy. If you agree to reveal him what you know the next time you come back to Firelink Shrine, he will be gone.
- After he leaves Firelink Shrine, you may encounter Laurentius in the swamp at Blighttown where he will start attacking you whether you attacked him or not. (Laurentius is likely Hollow during this encounter).
- 1000 Souls
- You can also drain him using the Dark Hand for 5 humanity. One at a time with normal dark hand. All 5 in one hit while member of Dark Wraith covenant at +3. Doing so will not make him hostile.
- Armor: Pyromancer Set
- Left Hand: Cracked Round Shield
- Right Hand: Pyromancy Flame and Hand Axe
- Rings: none
- Spells: Fireball, Combustion and Fire Orb
- Special: none