Mask of the Father
Mask of the Father is a Helm in Dark Souls.
Mask of the Father Description
"One of the three masks of the Pinwheel, the necromancer who stole the power of the Gravelord, and reigns over the Catacombs. This mask, belonging to the valiant father, slightly raises equipment load."
How to Get / Where to Find Mask of the Father
- Dropped by Pinwheel.
- Sold by Patches the Hyena in the Firelink Shrine for 8000 souls.
- Drops from Pinwheel Servant (2% Chance - Tomb of Giants).
- Cannot be upgraded.
- Increases Equip Load by 5%
- Stacks with Havel's Ring and Ring of Favor and Protection.
- The extremely slight benefit combined with the small defense and 0 poise of the armor piece make it a poor choice for optimization, and is completely unused for optimization in PvP.
- On October 31, 2012, the YouTuber OnlyAfro released a video presenting a build called GiantDad using this mask. He has since clarified that the purpose of the video was to ridicule the build "because it was so actually bad". It consisted of the Father's Mask, a fully upgraded Giant Armor Set, a +10 Chaos Zweihander, a Grass Crest Shield, Havel's Ring, Ring of Favor and Protection, +5 Ascended Pyromancy Flame, two Black Flames; starting with the class Bandit and reaching a Soul Level of 99 (48 Vit, 12 Att, 66 End, 16 Str, 10 Dex, and base stats for the rest), and using the "Well! What Is It!" Gesture. This build quickly grew in popularity and is often considered the most popular meme of the Dark Souls series.