|HP||992 ~ 1240 (NG+ 1815 - 1946 )|
|Drops||1000 - 3000 Souls (NG+ 3000 - 6000 )
Symbol of Avarice
Silver Coin ×5
Crystal Knight Shield
Very Good! Carving
Mimic is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Mimics are enemies disguised as a treasure chest, hence their name. They are patiently waiting for a gullible adventurer to come walking straight into their greedy clutches. Even though they are creatures mimicking a chest, they still have unique treasures inside; which are most likely undigested possessions from their previous victim. Mimics will not respawn after they have been slain.
- Symbol of Avarice (0.1% Chance, Guaranteed from the last mimic killed in the main game, not including the DLC areas)
- Lightning-infused Spear (Guaranteed)
- Crystal Halberd (Guaranteed)
- Occult Club (Guaranteed)
- Gold Coin (Guaranteed)
- Silver Coin ×5 (Guaranteed)
- Crystal Knight Shield (Guaranteed)
- Enchanted Falchion (Guaranteed)
- Crest Key (Guaranteed)
- Very Good! Carving (Guaranteed)
They look very similar to normal chests, but there are a couple of ways to tell them apart.
- All chests have a chain attached to its right side. A Mimic's chain is shaped like a straight line, while the chain of a normal chest is more curved.
- By looking at a Mimic with the binoculars or a bow, you can see the lid opening around every 10 seconds when it takes a breath.
- If you look closely, you'll notice that the colour of a mimic chest is paler than a regular chest.
Interacting with an idle Mimic
- If you open a Mimic chest normally, it will grab you and attempt to eat you whole. You can escape its hold by repeatedly tapping L1/R1 in order with minimal damage, or, if you survive this, the mimic will spit you out and go back to sleep.
- If you attack the chest instead, it will rise up and reveal itself. Prepare to fight.
- If you throw a Lloyd's Talisman at the Mimic, it will open the lid without waking up so you can grab the goodies inside. This is very convenient when farming for the Symbol of Avarice, since they do not respawn.
- If you want to get a Symbol of Avarice it is recommended to punch the Mimic, then throw a Lloyd's Talisman
at the mimic to stun it. Repeat this until you get the item.
- Left or Right hand punch.
- Flying Kick.
- Grab. This attack will be lethal to most players since it's practically the same attack as the one where it grabs
you if you try to open it while sleeping, however it is possible to get out early of this attack with button-mashing L1/R1 in order.
- A double-handed jump attack with a strong weapon will take off a chunk of it's health before it's even gotten up.
- Try to stay behind to avoid its attacks.
- If it grabs you, either while asleep or during the fight, repeatedly tap L1/R1 (LB/RB) to escape its grab with minimal damage.
- It can also be killed with Poison Mist, without waking up. (toxic as well?)
- You may throw a Lloyd's Talisman at an enraged mimic to stun it, giving you time to land free hits on it.
- Lightning Spear
- Crystal Halberd
- Silver Coins
- Gold Coins
- Occult Club
- Crystal Knight Shield
- Enchanted Falchion
|The Duke's Archives||1240||1946||3000||6000||No|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Do you think if you where giving a genuine headpat it would start to actually hug you back? Instead of it trying to eat you when you forfully jank it's mouth open.
I mean it is giving you already it's items if you put it to sleep. So...
I f***ing open a f***ing treasure chest in Sen’s f***ing Fortess, and then I get f***ing r***d to death!!! F*** this s***ty-a** game!!!
Does tapping R1/L1 change if your controls are different from the default?
Fun fact: when Mimics attack you, they laugh like the Gremlins from Quake 1. When I played the Q1 remaster last year and I encountered the Gremlins, I could've swore I heard that laugh somewhere. Today I happened to realize it was the Mimics that were laughing like that.
Mimic victom: i hate these boxes i hope they never return in any fromsoft game EVER AGAIN!!!!
mimic adepter: Ah your chains point at me and you are breathing your mouth up and down! Yea your death give me that loot your hiding you monster!
Mimic friend: you saved me in pvp, gave me your item, and headwear, after i gave you sweet dreams by the help of the lloyd's talisman. While you where never attacking me. Even though i was standing still infrond of you for an hour, so i decided, i'll never attack you or your kind ever again! becease you are great to have around!
Mimic fan: i will honour your legacy, and wise way of the mimic! And i'll even cosplay you to show respect for what you have teached me!
Mimic lover: i will defend you with my life! you are alive, and deserve to live a happy life! Infact i'll invade others just to protect your species!
Me: i miss the mimic cheast in elden ring! And plz bring them back in another game fromsoft plz!!! T_T
Killed all mimics,none of them dropped the symbol of avarice.Doubt its a guaranteed drop from the last one killed
Pd:i've played with many different characters and i always had at least one.Bad luck this time i guess
Mimics sure had a black karate belt before
The best enemies in souls.
And to be honest the most tragic/ misunderstood enemies too.
Since these mimic's are never hostie to you unless you are the fool to open there mouths. It's nothing but self defense these box guy's do. And they never attack you after there grab failed to kill you the 1st time, unless you try to open there mouth's again.
Even when you stand infrond of a mimic for a long time it never try's to kill you by surprise, but instead just wants to sleep peacefully.
Only when attacked are they truely awake and trying to kill you. But can you really blame them For being a bit angry at you?
So i decided to give a propper respect to these enemies. And just use a undead hunter charm to give them sweet dreams. And for doing so they thank me by giving me not only there item they had guarded, but also there headwear
To help me find better loot around the land.
And seeing them snor cutley, when they sleep deeply by the undead hunter charm makes me happy to help somthing out, and giving it sweet dreams.
I love these enemies. There the best friends to invaders since they can help defend the mimics from dying to a host. And i would definitely want a pet mimic in real life if that was possible, so we could karate kick rude basterds together.
all i hear when they eat me is nom nom nom om nom
Would you **** a mimic?
Useless like most of fex. Try listing all mimics
Something that I've noticed is that if the end of the chain is facing towards the player when directly in front of the chest, it's a mimic. If not, then it's a regular chest.
As much as these guys can be a pain to deal with, it's always kind of funny to me when this gangly, cumbersome monster does a flying spin kick and snaps your neck in twain
one of the mimics despawned at sen's fortress and thats the last one and i can't get it back, and i didn't kill it becasue i remember running to the elevator does any one know how to reverse this.
They can be killed with poison mist, without waking up. Tested on crystal halberd one on nintendo switch.
Killed every mimic in the game and still didn't get symbol of avarice. I'm sure I didn't miss any in this playthrough leaving me with the question if it really is a guaranteed drop from the last one you kill
I lost out on the occult club and souls from the anor londo mimic because an invader killed me seconds after I killed it. Worst of all it was your everyday incredibly boring and generic backstab as quick as possible invader with no creativity or identity amongst the others. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that actual players are behind these characters because there so repetitive it’s mind numbing honestly.
is it just me or is the minicutie in KIU almost if not the exact same enemy in the games, is this a crossover point? please I need answers!!
How many mimics are there in total?
In soviet russia chests collect you
Killed all of them, just watched a youtube video with all locations, went to most of them I wasn't sure I have killed, all dead. I have all of their items too... :(
Btw it is a ps3 unpatched version, no dlc.
Noticed that with the mimic in anor londo near havel's set, you can get the "open" prompt to reappear sometimes after the mimic has been killed. Unfortunately doesn't provide extra items upon "opening" that I know of and not sure if affects other minic locations.
Should probably be listed that Symbol of Avarice is guaranteed to drop from the last mimic if you kill all of them (not including the ones in Oolacile)
Should be noted that mimics are immune to black firebombs
mimic do not respawn.
The miracle, Lightning Spear, is not a mimic drop, particularly the one in Sen's Fortress. Instead, it drops a "Lightning" Spear, a thrust weapon that is enchanted with lightning.
In a paragraph above it is stated that mimics to not respawn, while in the Location shart near the bottom of the page it says that they do respawn. Wich one is true?