|Requirements & Bonus|
Oolacile Catalyst is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
Sorcery catalyst of the lost land of Oolacile. Formed by enchanted whitebark branches.
Boosts sorcery adjustment, but lost land sorceries are not offensive, and attacks are not affected by intelligence."
How to Get / Where to Find the Oolacile Catalyst
- Drops from Oolacile Sorceress (0.5% Chance - Oolacile Township and Chasm of the Abyss)
- Give to Frampt to receive 50 souls.
- Recommended for Int levels: 10-26, although can only be acquired very late into the game.
- Similar to the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst. The main differences are that this catalyst weighs 1.5 more than the Ivory one, has a poison attack, does slightly less damage with Dark Sorceries, and has slightly lower intelligence requirements.
- This catalyst will do slightly less damage with Dark Sorceries than the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst.
- Bashing with this catalyst can inflict Poison buildup, can be used in conjunction with Dark Fog or any other weapon with Poison auxiliary effect.
- For further info on Magic Adjusts values at every Int level, see: https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Magic+Adjustment
Oolacile Catalyst Upgrade Table
|Attack Values||Parameter Bonus||Damage Reduction (%)||Stability|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
If you plan farming it... Don't. Totally not worth it.
Unless you are really borred and want it for fashion souls on your SL4 Dark Bead Invader.
Is the poison on this useful?
53 attempts to finally get it at 410 Item Discovery and a bunch of chain armor for Frampt to chew on.
Had no idea it existed
I have 1500 hours into DS1 since I started playing in like 2013 and this item just dropped for me for the first time while I was farming large titanite shards.
For anyone else looking to farm this rare item for purposes of completionism / fashion / bragging rights / self-hatred:
Best method I've found for this -
-410 Item Disc (Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, Symbol of Avarice, 10+ Humanity)
-Otherwise naked, for fast
-the only important parts of my setup are 50 INT, Logan's Catalyst, Crystal Soul Spear (CSS), White Dragon Breath (WDB)
-starting from Oolacile Township Dungeon bonfire, run backward and take the elevator up
-send the elevator back down and roll off it
-3x CSS kills Chained Prisoner, loot him
-Run through the church
-1x CSS kills left Oolacile Sorcerer
-1x WDB from just under the far right statue kills both the Sorcerer and the nearby Resident
-Loot them, bone out, repeat
This kills 2 Sorcerers in ~45 sec and has basically no chance of being screwed up once you get the rhythm down. There's probably other ways to safely & quickly kill Chained Prisoner, he's not a bad addition as his guaranteed Chain Armor Set drops is an additional 100 Souls each to Frampt, which helps pay for Bones. I got my Catalyst in only 30 runs or so, not bad!
One of the most obscure weapons in Dark Souls
Is this catalyst in remasterd? Because I’ve been griiiinding and I can’t get for nothing and I got the ring and my humanity is 99
Oh so thats why i never got this catalyst.
Because its useless.