|Requirements & Bonus|
Oolacile Ivory Catalyst is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
Sorcery catalyst of lost land of Oolacile. Formed by enchanted whitebark branches. The whitebark boosts sorcery adjustment, but the sorceries of this lost land are gentle and not affected by intelligence."
How to Get / Where to Find the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst
- Sold by Dusk of Oolacile in Darkroot Basin. After defeating the Hydra, find a cave at the back of the lake and kill the gold crystal golem there to free Dusk. Head back to the other side of the lake and summon her from her soul sign to buy from her.
- Give to Frampt to receive 50 souls.
- Recommended for Int levels: 12-26
- While this catalyst is listed as having Intelligence scaling, it does not actually gain any magic adjust from your Intelligence stat.
- While this catalyst is listed as having Strength scaling, Dark Sorceries will not gain any extra damage from your Strength stat when cast with this catalyst.
- Dark Sorceries will do slightly more damage when cast with this catalyst than if cast with the Oolacile Catalyst.
- For further info on Magic Adjusts values at every Int level, see: https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Magic+Adjustment
Oolacile Ivory Catalyst Upgrade Table
|Attack Values||Parameter Bonus||Damage Reduction (%)||Stability|
|Oolacile Ivory Catalyst|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Best catalyst for weapon buffing on physical build. With 15 INT you can cast Greater Magic Weapon adding around 200 pure magic damage for every weapon hit.
i think trying to kill the hydra early just to get this is not worth it, if you level up int a little bit your normal catalyst will be just as good, doing the hydra is way more difficult than killing taurus demon in my opinion, he literally gets staggered after 2 heavy soul arrows, which you can buy at the start of the game, you can kill him before he even gets close enough to hit you, the hydra on the other hand will murder you. (and the crystal golems will too, they hardly take damage from spells, your best bet is to let the hydra kill them for you, but either way this is still way more difficult than going with the intended route.) and dont get me started on the gold golem too, you need the reinforced club to deal any damage to him, at that point if you are already there, you might as well continue in that direction instead, the time you lose for this huge backtrack more than makes up for the potential gain from having this and dusk crown.
"the sorceries of this lost land are gentle and not affected by intelligence."
Definitely the best catalyst if you’re not a dedicated caster and prefer sorceries more for utility like for a melee or stealth build.
And the best of it: it's 0.5 heavy.
You can also buy this from Elizabeth, not just Dusk
Because Greater Magic Weapon can be a good damage increase for quicker attack weapons, just going to the 15 intelligence need for GMW and then using the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst.
Why woud I use this over sorcerer catalyst?
what sorceries can you access without levelling up int.?
One of the best in the game
The worst catalyst in the game