Orange Guidance Soapstone is a Multiplayer Item in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
Orange Guidance Soapstone
Orange Guidance Soapstone Usage
This item can only be used online.
Used to write messages that appear in other online players' worlds.
- By using this item, either from the menu or the item slots, you can leave messages to other online players.
- This item is reusable, and only needs to be bought once.
Rates the last read message only, without needing to go back to the location of the message.
- You can then give it a positive rating if it turned out to be helpful. It can also be given a negative rating, after you respawn, if it got you killed.
- Messages can also be rated without the soapstone, by pressing 'select' while you read it.
- The number of ratings on a message can be deceiveing, since both positive and negative ratings contributes to the grand total. The miracle Seek Guidance can be used to see the actual amount of positive and negative ratings.
- A positive rated message will stay longer in the world.
- A negative rated message will disappear faster.
Manage your own written messages.
- You can remove them, check their ratings and locations.
- Your own messages are also seen, and can be removed, if you go to their locations.
- Your own messages can also be seen while playing offline.
Orange Guidance Soapstone Location
- The soapstone is not needed to read or rate messages, only to write them.
- A message will only be sent to other players while the author of the message is online and connected.
- Players can cast six messages at a time, per character.
- Cast the Seek Guidance Miracle to see more messages, as well as their ratings. This miracle will also show some helpful developer messages, visible both on- and offline (see seek guidance for details).
- There are also tutorial messages scattered around, mostly in the Undead Asylum. These messages can only be read, and are visible both on- and offline.
Developer and Tutorial messages are accompanied by an Elite Knight avatar, while User created messages have an avatar of an in-game NPC. Which NPC is displayed will change with the number of ratings.
- A message with a rating of 0+ has a Undead Merchant avatar.
- A rating of 100+ will change to a Solaire of Astora avatar.
- A rating of 200+ will change to a Domhnall of Zena avatar.
- A rating of 300+ will change to a Darkmoon Knightess avatar.
- A rating of 500+ will change to a Primordial Serpent avatar.