Pyromancy of Carmina, who harnessed the power of flame to actualize the inner-self. Short strength/endurance boost, but lose HP.
Excessive power eats away the life-force of its caster, and like all dangerous spells, Power Within was kept secret for eons.
- Personal Buff. Cannot be used if any other personal buffs are active, or vice versa.
- Duration: 100 seconds.
- Increases Attack power and Stamina regeneration, but gradually drains HP.
- Increases all damage dealt by the user by 40%
- Increases stamina regeneration by 30 per second
- During the duration of the spell 100 visual pulses (1 per sec) will happen. On each of those pulses, the player loses 1% of their max HP (rounded down). This also means, that a player having a maximum HP of something that is not divisible by 100 will survive the full duration of the spell with minimal HP left.
- The Lingering Dragoncrest Ring extends the duration of the effect to 150 seconds. The amount of visual pulses stay the same, they are only happening every 1.5s now, basically giving you more time to heal yourself through the damage.
- There is no easy way to cancel the spell once applied, it will even continue its duration while resting at a Bonfire. Only death, warping with the Lordvessel; or using a Homeward Bone, the Homeward Miracle, or the Darksign will end it.
- It is possible to "safely" use the Red Tearstone Ring in conjunction with Power Within by reducing the character's max HP to near 200, which can be achieved by being both cursed and wearing the Dusk Crown Ring with a low vitality stat, then equipping the Sanctus when both Power Within and the Red Tearstone are active. Sanctus's meager regeneration will then be adequate to offset the HP drain, keeping the player alive while maintaining the Red Tearstone effect.
- The total duration of the spell consists of 101 ticks of HP loss unless the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring is equipped, which lowers this amount to 99 ticks.
- Power Within is a Self Buff and interferes with other such buffs (i.e. Great Magic Barrier, Green Blossom, Transient Curse, etc.). As long as it's active it's not possible to cast other Self Buffs and vice versa.