Ring of Sacrifice
Ring of Sacrifice is a Ring in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Players can equip up to 2 Rings, but equipping two of the same item is not possible.
- Upon death, souls and humanity are not lost ("RING REVIVAL"), but the ring itself is ("Ring of Sacrifice shattered").
- No bloodstain will be left behind. If there already was an unretrieved bloodstain, it will still be available to be retrieved after ring revival.
- Found on the way from Firelink Shrine to Undead Burg on a corpse in plain view on the lower level of the aqueduct..
- Found on the ledge above the well, in the central courtyard of Painted World of Ariamis.
- Sold by Oswald of Carim in the belltower of Undead Parish for 5,000 souls. He has a limited supply of 10.
- Trade one Humanity with Snuggly to receive one Ring of Sacrifice.
- Does not trigger if you died from becoming cursed. Use a Rare Ring of Sacrifice instead of one of these if that is a possibility.
- DOES trigger (and shatters) if equipped as a phantom, even if a type of phantom that is normally not penalized upon death - so take it off prior to jolly co-operation!
- These are best used after having already dropped, when the bloodstain to be retrieved is in a particularly dangerous area and the player cannot be sure of getting out safely after picking it up. By equipping a Ring of Sacrifice, the player can afford to make a suicide run at the bloodstain, guaranteeing a safe escape afterwards (possibly at the cost of the ring), or granting a second chance (definitely at the cost of the ring) if dropping before reaching the bloodstain.
- Just having one equipped "just in case" is subpar. Keep in mind that wearing this ring occupies a slot some other ring could be sitting in - one which gives a player a benefit that doesn't require dying to activate - which puts you at a disadvantage and makes it more likely the Ring of Sacrifice will be triggered at a time it really wasn't crucial. The rings are expensive and of limited quantity, so they should only be used when the soul/humanity loss would be devastating.