|A Sin is when a player does something against or commit an unwelcome actions.|
Sin is a gameplay mechanic in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
General Information for Sin:
- Sin is incurred when a player does specific actions. There are two different kinds of sin: PvE and Sin in PvP.
You will acquire NPC Hostility Sin by doing the following:
- Anger an NPC by attacking them and damaged over 10% of their HP or killing them.
- Anger a Covenant leader by doing something against their approval.
- Angering Alvina of the Darkroot Wood.
- Attacking Crossbreed Priscilla
- Angering Gwyndolin (by going beyond the Darkmoon Tomb gate)
- Killing Gwynevere. (Permanent PvE Sin)
Removing PvE Sin:
- You can remove pve sin or Npc Hostility Sin by requesting for an Absolution, serviced by Oswald of Carim.
Effects of PvE Sins:
You will acquire PvP Sins by the following:
- Being indicted by another player online which will give you +1 sin, and will leave you open to invasions from the Blade of the Dark Moon faction.
- Getting kicked out of a covenant with one of the followings:
Removing PvP Sin:
- The only way to remove your PvP sin is to be invaded and killed by the members of the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant which will reduce 1 point of sin at a time until your sin points is gone.
Effects of PvP Sins: