Sunlight Blade is a Miracle in Dark Souls. To cast a miracle, you must use a Talismans or Special Weapons that can cast Miracles.
Miracle wielded by Lord Gwyn's firstborn. Boost right weapon with rays of Sun.
The power of sunlight, manifested as lightning, is very effective against dragons. When the eldest son was stripped of his deific status, he left this on his father's coffin, perhaps as a final farewell.
- Weapon Buff
- Duration: 60 seconds
- With a talisman equipped in your left hand, use this miracle to apply a Lightning element to the right-hand weapon.
- Not all weapons can be enchanted. Those that already do magic or elemental damage, boss weapons, some dragon weapons, and Black Knight weapons, can not be enchanted (see Weapon Buffs).
- Darkmoon Tomb: go through the fog door to face Gwyndolin. Kill him and proceed to the next room to find this miracle in a chest.
- Be aware that going through the fog door breaks the Darkmoon covenant. Do not go through if you intend on being part of this covenant. This will also turn the Anor Londo Firekeeper hostile toward you.
- Sunlight Blade scales with your Talisman's Magic Adjust stat. It does not scale with your Faith stat. Be sure to wield the best talisman for your Faith level in order to get the maximum benefits of this miracle.
- Sunlight Blade provides a static buff. It does not scale with your weapon's base stats. In effect, that means smaller and faster weapons benefit more from the spell than slower, larger ones.
- The amount of damage rating increased to your weapon corresponds to 1.8x your talisman's Magic Adjust stat.
- This item cannot be used if any other Weapon Buffs are active, or vice versa.
- No equipment or rings will increase the buff amount or duration of Sunlight Blade--none!
- A +15 normal weapon plus the Sunlight Blade will out perform any Lightning Augmentations, making this one of the strongest buffs available.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
DMK: COMB RAVE -> FILL 'EM WITH DAYLIGHT
worse than dark moon blade? yes.
sunlight, and therefore better? absolutely.
the choice is simple.
sunlight 4 life
SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE
My character has 50 faith and I applied it to a +10 Claymore, but instead of a lightning buff it made a top ten video. Wtf is wrong with this thing?
I don't have anything against Gwyndolin but mate, I love Sunlight Blade so much to just leave the God to live in peace. I guess when I feel up my max of attunement slots I will no longer cross that fog gate.
as in damage or castings? it will give more castings, but it wont increase damage if you attune multiple
does this miracle stack after NG?
Doing a sunbro cosplay besides obviously the spears im sitting her excited get this ( never killed the boss first playthrough)
Hey, cool! I get to kill Gwendolyn AND get something useful.
a moment of silence for the one who left it on Daddy's coffin
Gotta say, put this on a build with 50 faith and the sunlight talisman, and absolutely NUKED bosses with my +15 Zwei.
infinite golden pine resin?
Why can't I use this miracle? I have a Iaito +15 and it doesnt let me use this buff. Is it because the sword causes bleeding?
So I don't fully understand, does that mean if the talisman used has an adjust of 200 it'll be like 360dmg boost or what?
Check ring of the princess, I’m pretty sure it extend the duration of the miracle for sunlight blade and dark moon blade
ok. i just did a little experiment... and i can confirm that sunlight blade does scale with your Faith. but there does seem to be a hard limit 40 Faith
Also the name of the best Souls youtuber.