Thorns Set is an Armor Set in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
Thorns Set Information
Helm/Armor/Gauntlets/Leggings- Apparel of Kirk, Knight of Thorns and notorious member of the Darkwraiths. A dense patch of thorns grows from its surface.
It is a fitting item for the murderous Kirk, for by simply wearing it and rolling, one can damage enemies.
- Defeat NPC black phantom invader Knight Kirk in all three of his summoned locations:
- The Depths, only if you have not defeated Gaping Dragon. You must be in human form. He appears near the Basilisk area, right after the waterfall drop past the giant rat.
- Demon Ruins, only if you have not defeated Demon Firesage. You also need to be in human form and must place the Lordvessel beforehand for him to appear. He appears down the narrow path after the first Capra Demon.
- Lost Izalith, right before The Bed of Chaos, only if you have not defeated The Bed of Chaos. You must be in human form as well. He appears near the fog wall leading to the Bed of Chaos boss, near the last bonfire.
- The armor will be located on his corpse in the Daughter of Chaos chamber, but only if you beat him all three times.
- Thorms Set can be upgraded by using Twinkling Titanite.
- When wearing this armor, you can cause damage to enemies in additional ways:
- Rolling, or running and jumping, into an enemy (~10-50 damage).
- Sliding down a ladder and colliding with an enemy that is attempting to climb, or repeatedly trying to force your way down after the collision occurs (~15-50 damage per strike). Attacking someone who is above you on a ladder does not receive the damage bonus.
- Falling on an enemy without attacking, including someone standing at the bottom of a ladder as you finish sliding down (~50-150 damage or so, it seems to be able to register multiple hits as you pass through the enemy while they stagger). Can also damage enemies who have been knocked down and are laying on their back, seems you need to aim for landing on their legs, and not their torso.
- Kicking an enemy [forward+R1/RB] (~1-5 damage).
- Damage from the roll, fall, and ladder attacks scale with the number of Thorns Set pieces worn.
- Damage from the kick requires wearing the leggings, and does not increase with wearing more Thorns Set pieces.
- Reinforcing the armor does not increase damage output.
- Causing damage with the Thorns Set will stunlock, but only at 0 enemy poise. Poise breaking does not increase with successive attacks the way it does with weapons, meaning if an opponent has as little as 5-10 poise it will not stunlock. Must be 0 poise to be an effective stunlocking method.
- Attacking with a fist weapon while using the Gauntlets of Thorns boosts the damage of the fist weapon by roughly 20 points.
Thorns Set Table
First row = Regular. Second row = +5 Upgrade
|Name & Icon|
Helm of Thorns
Armor of Thorns
Gauntlets of Thorns
Leggings of Thorns