|Requirements & Bonus|
Tin Banishment Catalyst is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
Catalyst of the banishment sorcerers who flooded New Londo to seal off away the Darkwraiths and the Kings who fell to Dark. In contrast to other catalysts, the metal catalyst qualifies as a weapon, as it inflicts physical damage, however small."
How to Get / Where to Find the Tin Banishment Catalyst
- Loot from dead body in Blighttown along with Sealer's Armor Set (above the elevator down to the swamp, across a tree root).
- Give to Frampt to receive 50 souls.
- This catalyst's base Magic Adjust and Intelligence scaling is very low, and as such spells cast with it typically do less damage than spells cast with other catalysts.
- This catalyst is useful on hybrid DEX + INT builds for casting Dark Sorceries, as they will gain additional physical damage based on its Dexterity scaling, allowing you to invest less in Intelligence and still deal high spell damage.
- For further info on Magic Adjusts values at every Int level, see: https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Magic+Adjustment
Tin Banishment Catalyst Upgrade Table
|Attack Values||Parameter Bonus||Damage Reduction (%)||Stability|
|Tin Banishment Catalyst|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Best weapon for early invasions as a sorcerer
I did the math and this catalyst is like a +8 normal or +1 Raw Spear with lower scaling, that you can obtain from the start of the game.
This makes for an awesome spear early game with the master key. You get an insane amount of attack power this early on and this weapon is 100% guaranteed. It’s better than almost every +0 melee weapon you could get this early on.
It´s cant upgrade!! When I try to up level it did not appears in my weapon list !
So, they already had dual blades before dark souls 2. I just noticed this because the first time I played dark souls 1 I didn't know about dual blades of the 2, now I look at this and I think...well, this was the starting point
Perfect early game weapon for a "pure mage" playthru. Its poke is stout in early game, once you get the LVessel you can get the fire sage stave which does much better
Now for my strongest spell: POINTY STICK ATTACK
I have the tin banishment catalyst and I can't make it do any attacks. Any time it try to do an attack, my character just stands there and looks at it. I meet the required parameters so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help!
Pretty good early game weapon to grab if you play a sorcerer
Tried using this with dark sorceries on my 40 DEX / 16 INT build, and it did considerably less damage than the Oolacile Ivory Catalyst. Believe this would only start being useful at 30 or more int on a hybrid build. Ah well :/
It's always fun to fight someone with spells then suddenly bean them with your staff
This weapon can be used for melee-magic build
Is this considered a unique weapon? Inflating summon range I mean? (Remastered PS4)