Tranquil Walk of Peace is a Miracle in Dark Souls. To cast a miracle, you must use a Talismans or Special Weapons that can cast Miracles.
Outland miracle, foreign to the Way of White. Slows all walking within effect area.
This miracle is normally used to flee, as it slows walking but does not affect attacks, but nevertheless defines peace perfectly.
- Debuff to nearby enemies
- Duration: 10 seconds (patch 1.05?). Duration cannot be increased with the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring.
Applies a de-buff to nearby enemies which slows movement speed. Its best use is almost the exact opposite of its official description, as fleeing with the spell active merely allows opponents to leave its area of effect and then pursue you normally, while it is very effective for chasing down enemies.
- Cannot run or roll while within the area of effect. A hostile opponent that attempts to roll while under the effect of this spell will instead stagger, leaving themselves extremely vulnerable to backstabs, stunlocking or point blank spell attacks.
- If you have trouble dealing with fast rolling or DWGR "ninja flipping" players, this is the miracle for you. TWoP is particularly powerful in a co-op setting, where it affects invaders but leaves the host and any summons free to operate normally.
- Often paired with spells that usually require rolling to safely evade, such as Wrath of the Gods, Pursuers or Dark Bead. This is considered unfair, but is undeniably effective.
- The easiest counter is to recognize the spell when it is cast and just run away until its short duration is over. Another effective counter is to cast Great Magic Shield in anticipation of the likely spell or weapon spam to follow, which will allow you to soak all the attacks for little or no damage or stamina drain. It is also possible to respond with attacks such as Wrath of the Gods, Fire Tempest, Dark Bead or even Crystal Soul Spear to punish reckless players that cast TWoP and then simply charge at you. Finally, the silver pendant item may allow you to block dark magic such as Dark Bead or Pursuers.
- Catacombs - From the second bonfire, go across the bridge to the spiral tower with two skeletons. There's a breakable wall with a big skeleton behind it. Go through a hole on the right side of the room and follow it up until you get to a necromancer. There's an easily missable ladder to your right, past the doorway. The miracle is at the top of the ladder.
Detailed Guide can be found here, as the miracle is on the way.
- Video Location Timestamp 22:46
- Same effect as the Stone Greatsword's special attack. However, unlike the Stone Greatsword, players affected by Vow of Silence will not be able to cast this miracle.
- Cannot use Green Blossom while miracle is active. Also, cannot use miracle while Green Blossom is active. However, can still use miracle with Grass Crest Shield equipped.
- The description of this spell is misleading. It actually functions as an aura from the caster that causes any enemies that come within its radius to be affected until they leave said radius. This means that you can cast it from safety, then run up to enemies who will be slowed once you get within the spell's range. Similarly, if you cast it when an enemy is nearby, but allow them to distance themselves from you, they will stop being affected.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Abusing client-side hit-detection (lagstabbing) is what ruins pvp, because of the effect it has on how one plays. Latency backstab tech arms race isn't fun, and knowing somebody in front of you can suddenly be (maybe) one-shotting you inhibits fun play.
This ****? Fair game I'd say... it seems pretty uncommon and once you expect it it can be countered by staying back or staggering then.
I like to use this and then follow up with Wrath of the Gods spam whenever I get invaded.
I wish this spell was in roll souls 3
This spell singlehandedly ruins PvP in this game.
maybe reason why patches hates cleric so much is that he got rek by this miracle lol
Everytime i'm in Darkroot, i hear TWOP TWOP TWOP TWOP
Haha, I love the salt on this page. It actually makes me want to use this miracle in game
Anyone at Fromsoft who created this spell is evil
Tranquil walk of cancer
With high dex, use this and acid surge.
I love to have a fair and honorable combat. But when I meet players who only good at lagstabbing and never attack unless from behind, this miracle teach them a lesson.
how does this effect PVE?
Jumping attacks still works under this spell s effect, so beware of curved greatsword
Good spell, especially against heavy armored knights, I got 1 TWoPer Chaos Zweihander'd pretty easily though :)
Use this and either humanity drain or acid surge and you’ll find yourself in the book of the guilty
Now, this is a real miracle.
Bringing you the Patty...
while its frowned on, this spell has its uses. it can be used to even the playing feild agaisnt tanky builds, when you are doing somthing like a rapier and leather armor. and my personal favorite its a cheater buster. this spell is the king of cheating cheaters. neither of these things feel particularly cheap honestly. i could see the old strat of "twop into dark bead spam that literally cant be dodged anymore" really unfair. but otherwise i think people complain alot about nothing. ultimatly its a spell with a timer. you see it cast, back off and try again. its got a super short duration and pretty limited casts, and most players that use it regularly count on it to win. so once its gone its ususally an easy fight. its a mild annoyance at best.
This is the whiniest fextralife page I've seen so far. It's fine to talk about etiquette but that shouldn't be the majority of the main text. There are lots of equally "frowned upon" weapons, spells and tactics that don't use any of this type of language in their articles.
Does Vow of Silence prevent the debuff from occurring?
"This is considered unfair" Buffed Stone Greatsword's aura of death exploit would like to have a word with you.
Albeit very strong. I'd say there's ways you can counter this and use it reasonably. I've seen invaders use TWOP builds with WoG or Dark Bead so they can one or two shot a 4 player gank squad. I'd say that's fine and fair. Better than the invader forcing etiquette on themselves and invading using some fancy build then instead gets demolished by 4 people. Then there's the ganks that use this. But you can also use something offensively to get them off of you. So either way if your build isn't made in mind to counter TWOP. You're the only person who is going to have an issue.
I actually created a ornstein pvp build using this miracle I never lost once its offensive capabilities are pretty much endless, however when I got greedy and leveled up too much I joined NG+ and got destroyed by better players so I consider it more useable the lower level you are.
"This is considered unfair.." You are playing Dark Souls you kiddos! Get over it! This literally IS unfair. Learn to live with it or quit trying to play!