|HP||411 (NG+ 835 )|
|Drops||1000 Souls (NG+ 4000)
Undead Mage (The Necromancer) is an Enemy in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered. Enemies are hostile creatures that respawn when players rest at a Bonfire or upon death. Special enemies that do not respawn are classified as Bosses, Mini Bosses or Invaders.
Undead Mage (The Necromancer) Information
An undead figure carrying a Skull Lantern that appears in numerous parts of The Catacombs. The Skeletons in the area nearby to their location will simply get back up after they are killed, until you kill the Undead Mage. (Although it should be noted that Divine weapons will kill the Skeletons for good, with-out the need to kill the Undead Mage first)
- Skull Lantern (2%)
- Skull Lantern Fireball - Shoots a fire projectile from his lantern.
- They are usually hidden out of the way at various points in The Catacombs and past a great many Skeletons who won't stay dead until you kill him.
- Once you get up close to them they're no problem, as they have limited attacks and don't have that much health, so only a couple of hits with most weapons will do the trick.
- As the Catacombs' Skeletons won't die until the nearby Undead Mage is dead, there's little point in killing them before finding the Undead Mage (unless you have a divine weapon). So you're better off finding and killing the Mage before taking out the horde of Skeletons that will have followed you.
- Many can be killed with a bow/crossbow from various positions with impunity. Killing skeletons with a divine weapon will also prevent them from respawning, eliminating the need for any suicide runs. If you don't have the Divine Ember yet and you've visited Anor Londo prior to entering the catacombs, you can downgrade the Occult Club found there into a Divine Club +5 for a few souls by speaking to a blacksmith as a solution. You can also use the Astora's Straight Sword against skeletons.
- Many skeletons can be kicked or otherwise made to fall off of nearby ravines or bridges. While this doesn't technically kill them, doing so can severely reduce or eliminate the number of skeletons pursuing you when searching for their necromancer.
- They can be charmed using the Undead Rapport pyromancy.