|Requirements & Bonus|
|Weapon Type||Piercing Sword|
|Attack Type||Regular / Thrust|
Velka's Rapier is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
A symbolic, powerful thrusting sword used by the Pardoner serving Velka, Goddess of Sin."
"It is no mere symbol to be sure; the Pardoner is an inhuman swordsman, and wields this enchanted blade with special sword technique."
How to Get / Where to Find the Velka's Rapier
- In the Painted World of Ariamis, through the door requiring the Annex Key. After accessing the Annex using the Annex Key, continue upstairs. In the next section, there is a set of wooden planks on the right. Breaking them gives access to a corpse with the rapier on it.
- Video Location Timestamp 18:05
- Cannot be coated with any resin, nor buffed via magic weapon or similar spells.
- Innately imbued with the Occult auxiliary effect (along with Priscilla's Dagger and Dark Hand).
- Like all piercing swords, replaces your kick with a back-stepping horizontal slash attack.
Hints and Tips:
- A good thrusting weapon for a high-INT build
- One-handed strong attack is replaced by a quick, two-hit reverse V-shaped swipe that does slash damage.
- Two-handed strong attack is replaced by a quick, two-hit V-shaped swipe that does slash damage.
- The follow-up to both strong attacks is a delayed thrust attack.
- Because of its innate magic attack, Velka's Rapier deals a significant amount of damage when performing critical strikes. Velka's Rapier will deal the highest crit damage of all piercing swords, but only with considerable stat investment.
- Give to Frampt to receive 5000 souls.
Velka's Rapier Upgrade Table
Unique Upgrades are performed by any Blacksmith or by using the Weapon Smithbox.
Regular Reinforcement Scales 5% for Strength and 53% for Dexterity and 97% for Intelligence to increase your AR.
To reach max, you need 10,000 souls and 10 Twinkling Titanite.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
The best rapier in the game in my opinion. Why was this never brought back?
One thing I found when fighting silver knights in particular is a 20% boost in souls dropped for some reason
I wish this was good bc i really like it and velka unfortunately it is pretty bad dps wise at 40 int 16 dex its 390 ar which is ok but taking the split damage into account makes it pretty garbage and the bonus 10% damage against a very small selection of enemies and three bosses just is not enough to make it worthwhile if it was even slightly better it would probably be my main weapon
It is a very good weapons for INT built when you need to fight with humanoid enemy, especially Knights and Darkwraith . With 40 INT and +5, I can easily one shot them with a backstab hit even without Hornet ring . Problem here is it is a mid-game weapons and you must clear Sen’s fortress and kill a bunch of wheel skeletons to get it
the dex scaling on this is way worse than you might expect, you get 29 extra physical damage when having 40 dex (at +5) compared to min. requirement, you can use it on a medium level sorcerer with 40 int and 16 and will prob get the best results.
Is this better than ricard's rapier with Crystal Magic Weapon?
V like Vandetta
A lot of people are confused about the "backstep plunge". It's the running attack you do after you backstep, and it works regardless of your choice of rings.
Honestly, I'd advise removing it entirely or revising it as it only confuses people as to what the rapier's properties are.
This probably goes without saying since he's a pretty big help if you don't like being hunted by Darkmoons, but DO NOT screw with the Pardoner. This thing is annihilation on a hilt.
Time to become a Pardoner of Velka...
Pretty funny to use also has a good scaling damage and it's fast af.
How do you use the backstep plunge attack with the dark wood ring? I've gotten the ring and have it on but I can't do the plunge
So is this weapon Enchantable or not? There's conflicting info on this page as of 4 October 2018 12:29 AM
I know the Titanite Catch Pole has a***** moveset, but it does monstrous damage at 60 INT. Maybe i might have Velka's as a sidearm to it or something, i never considered it super viable in PvE
Probably best sorcerer weapon. Range is only slightly shorter than estoc, but also attacks slightly faster. Also, while split damage, the damage and scaling are oddly high, allowing this to be rather competitive to an unruffled raw rapier or estoc.
When two handing the rapier, the strong attack is reversed in direction, so it makes a V shape (V for Velka)
If it isn't estoc and not ricards rapier than the DS3 counterpart of this would be the crow quills.
My favorite thrusting sword. (It's R2 attack is very effective and fun to use) Plus it is gud 4 pvp