|Requirements & Bonus|
|Weapon Type||Piercing Sword|
|Attack Type||Regular / Thrust|
Velka's Rapier is a Weapon in Dark Souls and Dark Souls Remastered.
A symbolic, powerful thrusting sword used by the Pardoner serving Velka, Goddess of Sin."
"It is no mere symbol to be sure; the Pardoner is an inhuman swordsman, and wields this enchanted blade with special sword technique."
How to Get / Where to Find the Velka's Rapier
- In the Painted World of Ariamis, through the door requiring the Annex Key. After opening the door and ascending the first staircase, you will end up outside. Look for an "illusory wall" made of wooden planks. The rapier is behind this wall.
- Velka's Rapier cannot be coated with any resin, nor buffed via magic weapon or similar spells.
- The R2 Strong attack for this weapon is not a standard rapier thrust. The first R2 attack consists of two vertical slashes going up then down and the second consecutive R2 attack will be a normal thrust. The strong attacks also seem to use less stamina than other rapiers, especially the Estoc and Ricard's Rapier.
- Like all piercing swords, Velka's Rapier replaces your kick with a back-stepping horizontal slash attack.
- Velka's Rapier has slightly shorter range than the Estoc. However, it does not seem to suffer any speed reduction that the Estoc does, making it a perfectly viable PvP option.
- The light weight and good intelligence scaling makes it a solid backup weapon for sorcerers, or a primary weapon for sorcerers who don't like the weapon buff spells.
- Contrary to popular belief the Velka's Rapier outperforms the regular Rapier in almost all situations when it comes to critical damage for a riposte or backstab. This is even more remarkable, because it hasn't got the 110 critical damage bonus of the regular Rapier.
- Video Location Timestamp 18:05
Hints and Tips:
- Give to Frampt to receive 5000 souls.
Unique Upgrades are performed by any Blacksmith or by using the Weapon Smithbox.
Regular Reinforcement Scales 5% for Strength and 53% for Dexterity and 97% for Intelligence to increase your AR.
To reach max, you need: 10,000 souls and 10 Twinkling Titanite.