|Versatile PVE Build|
This is a player-created Build for Dark Souls.
Right Hand: Quelaag's Furysword
Left Hand: Greatshield of Artorias
Head: Giant Helm
Chest: Giant Armor
Hands: Giant Gauntlets
Legs: Giant Leggings
Rings: Havel's Ring and Ring of Favor and Protection
Items: Firebomb, Black Firebomb, Throwing Knife, Estus Flask, Green Blossom
Armor and Rings
Weapons Set 1 (main):
Quelaag's Furysword, 466 fire damage, 1-hand (ascend a +10 Curved Sword with Quelaag's Soul), upgrade to +5
Greatshield of Artorias, 88 stability (ascend a +10 Shield with Sif's Soul), upgrade to +5
Claymore, 514 lighting damage, 1 or 2-hands (treasure in Undead Burg), upgrade to Lighting +5
Gargoyle's Halberd, 599 fire damage, 1 or 2-hands (drop from Gargoyles), upgrade to Chaos +5
Starting the game as a Bandit provides the best melee attributes, a very good axe and one of the best shields in game.
The high versatility in this build comes from:
- Its high values in defense, poise, attack and HP.
- It has many weapons options for different situations.
- Also it has healing, pyromancy and many long range capabilities.
- The armor and rings provides the best defense, best stability, high poise, extra HP and allows mid roll.
- The main weapons set is perfect for general exploration and combat.
- The boss weapons set deals massive damage (with chance of poisoning) and allows some extra healing when needed.
- The ranged weapons set (and bombs/knives) are for long range combat situations.
Optional weapons: since both the Claymore and the Halberd can be found early in game, isn't a bad idea to just go ahead and use them as soon as you pick them up, while in late game i usually only change the Furysword for the Claymore against some fire monsters and iron giants, and the Halberd can replace the Club for bosses weak to fire.
If you find it is too many materials to farm, ignore the optional weapons during the first playthrough and collect them on NG+
Keep the Humanity value at 10 (or above) to maximize the damage, curse resist and item discovery.