Indictment is a Multiplayer Item in Dark Souls.
- Online play item.
- When slain by an invading player, this item can be used to add that player's name to the Book of the Guilty. (Being indicted by another player online will give you +1 sin)
- Red phantoms summoned from their Red Sign Soapstone can not be indicted after killing the host.
- Forest Hunter and Path of the Dragon members can also be indicted while invading with their covenant item. They will not be added to the Book of the Guilty scoreboard, but will still be open to Darkmoon invasions.
- This item is not consumed upon use, so it only needs to be bought once.
- This item can be bought from Oswald of Carim.
- The "Indict ...?" prompt goes away if the indictment is discarded.
- A host can indict an invader even if killed by something else while the invader is present.